• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$120k Early Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. And that's what you'd expect a shop would get if they did a bolt-by-bolt frame-off with lots of bolt-on goodies and custom fabrication of special, hard to find or rare parts.
Apparently too, as you say, some people are simply willing to buy at even the hyper-inflated prices.

Hope when all is said and done, they feel like they got their $120k worth though.

Unfortunately, unlike a lot of other types of vehicles, for some reason when a pro shop builds one and sells it for big bucks, everybody with a Bronco raises their prices on their rust bucket pile-o-parts pos too.
Never saw that with Jeeps. Guy builds a $100k Jeep and none of the used Jeep prices went up. Guy flips a Bronco for $30 grand and all of a sudden you can't get out of the way fast enough.

It almost feels like the market just never recovered sanity from that one special Charity Bronco selling for $500k earlier this year.
Broncos just aren't as rare or hard to find as prices say they are!

I guess they might be soon though.%)

Paul

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
That's a bit rich considering how many standard bolt ons they used. Minimal custom work. Spend the extra 30K and get the icon

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Rocky Roads built bronco put the ICON bronco to shame. Look real hard at the details and you will know what I mean.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Broncos just aren't as rare or hard to find as prices say they are!

Paul

They are pretty rare and one in mint condition with all the bells and whistles are even rarer. I know it took my some time to find what I was looking for and that seems to be similar for others as well. There are a few 5k EB's if you want a ground up project but a finished truck is not easy to find.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Nothing wrong with selling a $50 PBJ sandwich or a $120k Bronco. It's the knuckleheads that buy them for that price that have a problem.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
No fuel injection;)? That is freaking crazy, where are these buyers when I am selling? If you think that is a deal, you are simply an idiot. I will let all of mine go for just $89k each.

Last edited:

JohnnyB77

Loc.
Amarillo, TX
A simple fact is that any and everything is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, doesn't matter if its a Bronco or a bar of gold.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
All new parts as it seems plus shop rate to instal them i guess it adds up quick ... ya right... no efi auto with standard v-belt.. price on completion 120k but what it actually sold for is never published.. they could be inflating the prices on their own to sell others at a higher price.

Casetay

Loc.
Atlanta
I just think it'd be cool if somebody came to buy mine to restore and said it was going to be listed at $120k...would I think they were completely insane, yes haha

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Headers = fail smog. Right?

No, the headers might be fine. They love it when there's a sticker or tag of course, but sometimes even "non-smog" headers can pass because of the age of the vehicle and the perceived rarity of obtaining an original or reproduction original exhaust manifold.

As long as the function of an existing smog control device has not been impaired, you could be good to go. Since no smog ports directly into the manifolds on EB's, changing to headers is not an automatic fail.
You still have to cross your fingers and hope for the best of course, but it's often a pass.

Now, a 4bbl carb is more likely a fail, since they were never available stock on an EB, but even those used to pass under the old rules. I passed for several years with my Carter AFB's, but haven't had to have it smogged for years either. So I don't know how strict they are with that type of stuff nowadays.

Paul

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
It originally had a smog pump on it and ports in the heads and you can see a lot of the associated vacuum lines that are Emissions related in the first few pictures of when they bought it. Just thought it was was funny, a Reputable ;) shop like these would remove all emissions and sell as smog legal(In Haiti!!!!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.