• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$120k Early Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I would say that what you describe qualifies as "defeating the purpose of existing smog control devices" at that point!

I didn't check out the pics, other than the first one.

Paul

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Yeah......but guys, it has a $139 dollar chrome engine kit (air cleaner and valve covers). It's got to be worth it.

DrLathrop

Loc.
Fulshear, TX
Why would a completely rust free tub need 6 weeks of metal work, prep, etc? Who is the idiot who bought it? I call BS on the sale price at $120k.

OP
OP
B

BroncoLuva

Back in the late '80s when classic musclecars took off in price, some of the high-end dealers would say a car is sold and it would leave their showroom. It actualy was "sold" to another dealer outside the local area in excahnge for another car so there would appear to be actual sales of these expensive cars to encourage buyers to buy. Not saying that is the case here, but this has been done before.
BL

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
Broncos just aren't as rare or hard to find as prices say they are!

I guess they might be soon though.%)

Paul

Lets see, in 11 yrs of production less than 250K was made.
I don't have the numbers for registered, existing machines
on hand, just a hunch, that the number is less than 1/2,
so 125k? that seems alittle high to me, how about 80k remaining?
maybe and getting less every year.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure I was speaking from my own little box here in CA. They've always been relatively scarce for sale in many parts of the country, as members here have complained about.
Here it does not seem like it.
Right now there are 8 in my area's CL listings, plus one that popped up from the South Sacramento area. One around here is even one I know near me for only $4500.
In fact, that's a real good deal right now I'd say, since it's got a lot of body work already done on it and may only need the main mechanicals gone through or added.
Guy's had it for about 3 years now and I watched him (even got to drill a few welds myself) pull it apart when he first got it. Hasn't run since he bought it, but has put a lot of work into it in that time.

Then again, there's a guy looking to pay $500 for a glovebox door right now too, so there's always that end of the price spectrum. Maybe he should buy the 4500 Bronco, keep the glovebox door and sell the EB for $5 grand?

Like I said though, that's all my skewed view because there's never been a shortage of Broncos around here. Every time one of our group wanted a new one, the got one quickly and cheaply, built it up and either kept it or sold it to get another, better one.
I've only looked at CL a few times to find less than three or four for sale.

It's obviously not the same everywhere, but when I say "not that rare", it's from the availability hereabouts.
It's never going to be getting the numbers that the Mustangs sold in, but I'd consider some Mustangs to be pretty rare. Even if they sold in more numbers than EB's, they come up for sale less often. So they "seem" more rare to me.

And as I was comparing the relative availability to their historic prices anyway, it still might hold true. As the prices have only just now gone balistic, while no great loss in inventory seems to have occurred. The prices indicate a different mindset.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.