• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

15 days and counting...

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
15 days until SOB!!! ...and I still have a LOT of stuff to finish. I'm already getting excited! :cool:

Is anyone heading out of the Portland area on Thursday?

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
getting closer.. think every one is wrking on their rigs... I am hoping to leave on wed from Salem.. if not wed then thurs

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Awnrie69 said:
getting closer.. think every one is wrking on their rigs... I am hoping to leave on wed from Salem.. if not wed then thurs
Or on other peoples rigs.

I'm pretty much done with mine but my brother still has a ways to go. Bumper, winch, drivelines, shackles, spring perches, radiator, alternator, power steering pump, hydroboost lines, gas tank, cb, seats, mount the roll bar, lengthen and modify the wheel wells, half of the exhaust, wiring in the F250 steering column, starter switch, etc. We need to have all of this done by next Sunday if we are going to give it a test run so needless to say we will be busy. FWIW, 4 weekends ago it was a rust bucket in my garage that hadn't been driven in several years with part of the frame ready to fall out. 2 weekends ago it was just a frame and motor. Here are a few pics. (Thought these might interest you Dan since you have an idea already what we are doing) BTW, He plans to head out Thursday after he gets off work so he may be able to meet up with you if you haven't left before then. (I suspect you will already be out there though)

Attachments

• 70Buildup01.jpg
    70Buildup01.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 70Buildup03.jpg
    70Buildup03.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 31
  • 70Buildup05.jpg
    70Buildup05.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 70Buildup08.jpg
    70Buildup08.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 34

Amac70

ME
Im down to figureing out my ps pump and putting radiator in and mt some seatbelsts, Hope i can mange that in two weeks. Im not coming down till friday after work though.

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Just need to finish bending the shifter on the NP435 and probably do some clutch linkage adjustments then take it for a test drive. Hopefully everything works right.......... ;D

Ryan.

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
mine isnt going to make it this year again the painter came and looked at it and said dont rush it
sattleup how is that fullsize being held off the ground ?

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
We are heading up to Newport on Saturday the 20th with ckriz to camp until wednesday, then it's up to Sand Lake camp ground for us.

Looking forward to it :cool:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
cams 76 said:
mine isnt going to make it this year again the painter came and looked at it and said dont rush it
sattleup how is that fullsize being held off the ground ?
If you look close you can see the chain wrapped around the frame. It has a cherry picker behind it holding it up at that point. We had to go sky high to get the 38.5's to slide out. (Which was fun since it has a spool in it)

I do have a short list of stuff on mine but most of it is just cosmetic.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
SaddleUp.. Is that an older one that you are working on getting ready with your brother.. what happened with his full size?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Awnrie69 said:
SaddleUp.. Is that an older one that you are working on getting ready with your brother.. what happened with his full size?
He's going to use the full size (78) as a tow rig for the EB. He already has everything to do it except time. He wanted to have both ready for SOB but he will already be hard pressed to get the EB trail worthy and the big one was stripped of all of the drivetrain except the motor. It has a rearend pushed under the back and the front is on blocks. Figure 2 weeks worth to get it going again. BTW, the reason he is going this route is because he is tired of repairing the body on the big one. On the last trip he got a root stuck between the door and quarter panel and just about ripped the skin off the door and messed up the quarter panel pretty bad. I think Mike (ORVP) above has some video footage of it.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
ORVP said:
Robert must be getting excited? Count Down clicking away.
He can't wait to see how it does on the trails. Mechanically it should do quite well as long as the motor holds up. It will not be the prettiest thing this year but it should do good on the trails. The only thing that we would really like to have done that we will not have time to do is adding the EFI to it.