• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

15 year old son is addicted! And I'm Glad

Labbster

Ok, I have a 74 Bronco just sitting out in the field for the past five years. I also have a 76 project sitting in my garage for the past five years untouched. Well my 15 year old son has been bugging me for the past few months that he wanted the Bronco over and over. I of course told him he was crazy and that it was a money pit and that it hadn't ran in five years because the wiring was shot....Over and over he asked for the Bronco. Even my wife came and said that he was bugging the %%$^% out of her for me to give it or sale it to him. His birthday was December 3rd so....the Keys to the 74 he got! With a few stipulations!

1) he had to clean both the garage that has the 76 in it.
2) had to clean out the shed where we would work on his 74
3) make sure the engine turned over before we sunk anymore $$$$ into it
4) Keep his grades up

I was expecting him not to have the garages clean until summer since he has basketball every night. The little turd is very determined! Within 2 weeks he has all of it cleaned up, organized and looking great! I couldn't believe it! So, for Christmas I gave him a Centech wiring harness that I had in the garage and a stereo and four waterproof speakers.

Attachments

• rear and tractor.jpg
    rear and tractor.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 215
  • driving in the field by tractor.jpg
    driving in the field by tractor.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

Sorry, but I don't know how or why these photos are sideways. Anyone know how to spin them?

OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

The first few pics were his first drive in the Bronco...with the assistance of my tractor! Anyway, we now have her started after a few wiring gremlins were fixed, new ignition switch and a lot of diesel down the cylinders to free her up! Have the gas tank cleaned out and are ready to work on the brakes and get the wiring harness in next. I am extremely amazed how good the engine sounds after sitting for five years. Here is a pic of the Bronco now...pic looks better than it actually is and also a pic of the mouse nest that blew out of the tail pipe

Attachments

• bronco side.jpg
    bronco side.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 154
  • front side.jpg
    front side.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 139
  • mouse house.jpg
    mouse house.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 124

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Man that is a nice rig too. He will have a blast in it and you guys will make some great memories together.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Awesome story. Airmapper is right, good taste! Keep us updated on the project! Maybe you can finish the '76 when this is done.

Fixed the pics for you. Be sure to provide plenty more of the progress! ;D

Attachments

• mouse house.jpg
    mouse house.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 110
  • front side.jpg
    front side.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 118
  • bronco side.jpg
    bronco side.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 112
  • driving in the field by tractor.jpg
    driving in the field by tractor.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 108
  • rear and tractor.jpg
    rear and tractor.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 107

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That bronco is really clean for sitting out for 5 years. Your a good pops

billd987

Very cool...you both will have a lot of fun

Keep us updated w/ pics

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
Thats nice and gonna be fun for you guys...And I Thought my Dad letting me drive that wood grain sided chevy station wagon to the corner was cool."...geeeez;D Im gonna call him!!!

vinson

Loc.
south bend
Good thing your son BUGED you about the bronco, it is to nice to be setting outside. Good project for father and son.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Some father, doomed his son of a life of endless frustration and poverty. What’s next gonna make him fix your rig too? If you don’t get him a tetanus shot child protective services will be after you. When word gets around your probably gonna get your ass beat by all the other fathers in the neighborhood. Its fathers like you that cause all the problems. What too cheap to get him a video game like everyone else? Ya give the kid a piece of rusty lawn art for his birthday. What’s for next year gonna take his lawn art and you garage art to a Bronco rally or something. Buddy you need help and need it bad, at least in the wallet.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Very cool hopefully some day I will be posting about my son and his bronco!

OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

That is awesome Rustytruck! My wife is laughing her butt off too!!! I'ms sure glad she is a good sport on the $$$$!

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
Nice project! You'll have a blast. I did a '94 with (for) my son two years ago. Neither one of us will forget it.

Attachments

• IMG00202-20100910-1647.jpg
    IMG00202-20100910-1647.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 69