• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

15x8 us indy mags

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I would like to order some new US indy mags 15x8. They have 4 inch backspacing. If I mount 32 inch tires, will the inside sidewall rub on the stock radius arms? Anyone have experience with this issue? Mark in San Diego; Beach City Broncos.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Yes
Adjust the steering stops will fix it.

Not really a factor of the wheel itself. The tire diameter and steering angle are what will make for a rub. The slight loss of steering angle at full lock won't matter. I never adjusted the stops when I ran 33s, just lived with the rub.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
yes the tread blocks will rub the radius arms and also the lower part of the stock front fenders. At full stuff the rear vertical edge of the front inner fender well will slice a line in the tread blocks. Thats a cut off or bend over the edge. That's assuming stock no body lift.