• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1965 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

logger

1965 U13 Bronco build date Aug-1965 ( First Month of production ) rough body, eyebrow grill is good, runs and drives, 4.11 gears , pto winch , will take best offer 318-372-0085

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Well fellas, I debated long and hard on whether or not to comment on this ad, and I just feel I need to. Lesson learned for showing what can happen when you think you are taking the high road and doing the right thing. I contacted the seller of this bronco this morning off of his ad on craigslist. At the moment I contacted him he just thought he had a 66 half cab that was a camp truck, no title, and in ruff shape and he was asking $1,800 or best offer. He also said he could find no Vin # for the truck. I asked him to send some specific pics. Got him to clean off the corner of the grill over the head light rings. At this time he had no idea what an eyebrow grill was. After I informed him where to find the Vin tag, he did find it. He read off the Vin number and I informed him he had an August of 65 Build Roadster. He had no idea they came with no top and no doors, and also had no clue how rare this truck was. I asked him if he could let me contact Bajafresh75 (Chris) because I knew Chris would be interested in the truck, and Chris would probably be the best home for this based on Chris's love and excellent work with Roadsters. I even joked around with the owner telling him I should tell him he really had nothing of value, but if I did that I would not be able to sleep at night. So I told him exactly what he had. I did not ask for any type of commission or compensation for getting involved, but I know that if I could help Chris become aware of this truck, he might work out a deal for some parts I am looking for for my 66 Build. I even have another early 66 Roadster that I am working on getting Chris involved with, and I have asked nothing for that deal except first shot at some parts off the truck that Chris will not need. I am posting this because the way this was handled is not what the nature of this site is about. It is people helping people. I thought I was doing the right thing by telling the owner exactly what he had when he had no clue what he was sitting on and by doing so it has just turned around and bit me. Even though you may not believe what I am getting ready to say, I truely do wish Scott ( yes, his name is Scott also ) good luck with his sale. If this situation happens to me again, I will still take the high road and inform the the owner of exactly what he has. I guess I will just continue to be surprised how some decide to conduct themselves.

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

logger

hey guys, Scott can buy this bronco, never said he wanted it, just likes to talk, Chris mailed the cash then changed his mind, I mailed him his money back, it is still for sale

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Seem to be lots of U13's around and quite a few Aug '65 builds. Does this one have an especially early VIN or something else going for it?

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seem to be lots of U13's around and quite a few Aug '65 builds. Does this one have an especially early VIN or something else going for it?

That is true! The highest number of '66 roadsters occurred in August and September. After that, production of the broncos declined as the year got deeper. Probably happened as they wanted to flood the market initially with this newly introduced 4 wheel drive vehicle!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Here is the vin.

U13FL738154

Scott, I never said I wanted to buy it. But I did help you to know exactly what you had when you had no idea what it was. If you call that " just likes to talk", then so be it. I have worked deals in the past with Chris ( Bajafresh75) Have delivered him an early roadster I found, put him onto another just recently and asked for nothing in return. I asked you for nothing for informing you what you had. All I asked was for a little time to inform Chris about it, because I know Chris is a stand up guy and he would be more than happy to help me find some parts I am looking for for my 66 build. To be honest, I find it amazing about your comment that " I just like to talk", my talking was a huge service to you for free. We just have different ideas and beliefs of how things should be done.

Scott

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well fellas, I debated long and hard on whether or not to comment on this ad, and I just feel I need to. Lesson learned for showing what can happen when you think you are taking the high road and doing the right thing. I contacted the seller of this bronco this morning off of his ad on craigslist. At the moment I contacted him he just thought he had a 66 half cab that was a camp truck, no title, and in ruff shape and he was asking $1,800 or best offer. He also said he could find no Vin # for the truck. I asked him to send some specific pics. Got him to clean off the corner of the grill over the head light rings. At this time he had no idea what an eyebrow grill was. After I informed him where to find the Vin tag, he did find it. He read off the Vin number and I informed him he had an August of 65 Build Roadster. He had no idea they came with no top and no doors, and also had no clue how rare this truck was. I asked him if he could let me contact Bajafresh75 (Chris) because I knew Chris would be interested in the truck, and Chris would probably be the best home for this based on Chris's love and excellent work with Roadsters. I even joked around with the owner telling him I should tell him he really had nothing of value, but if I did that I would not be able to sleep at night. So I told him exactly what he had. I did not ask for any type of commission or compensation for getting involved, but I know that if I could help Chris become aware of this truck, he might work out a deal for some parts I am looking for for my 66 Build. I even have another early 66 Roadster that I am working on getting Chris involved with, and I have asked nothing for that deal except first shot at some parts off the truck that Chris will not need. I am posting this because the way this was handled is not what the nature of this site is about. It is people helping people. I thought I was doing the right thing by telling the owner exactly what he had when he had no clue what he was sitting on and by doing so it has just turned around and bit me. Even though you may not believe what I am getting ready to say, I truely do wish Scott ( yes, his name is Scott also ) good luck with his sale. If this situation happens to me again, I will still take the high road and inform the the owner of exactly what he has. I guess I will just continue to be surprised how some decide to conduct themselves.

Scott

Here is the vin.

U13FL738154

Scott, I never said I wanted to buy it. But I did help you to know exactly what you had when you had no idea what it was. If you call that " just likes to talk", then so be it. I have worked deals in the past with Chris ( Bajafresh75) Have delivered him an early roadster I found, put him onto another just recently and asked for nothing in return. I asked you for nothing for informing you what you had. All I asked was for a little time to inform Chris about it, because I know Chris is a stand up guy and he would be more than happy to help me find some parts I am looking for for my 66 build. To be honest, I find it amazing about your comment that " I just like to talk", my talking was a huge service to you for free. We just have different ideas and beliefs of how things should be done.

Scott

"66 Ford Bronco. Hunting rig/no title. Runs great/fresh 170 6 cyl. PTO winch new gears in front end 1800 OBO may consider trades"

Did you talk him into thinking his no title '66 is worth more than his asking price of 1800 or best offer? I'm confused.

OP
OP
L

logger

maybe it is another Chris, anyway let me start over. I have a no title bronco for sale, Scott gave me a lesson on u13, thanks Scott, regardless of the rareness it is still a turd and nobody wants it ,but would be a great hunting Bronco , if you think it is worth more than $1800 flip it, my loss

Status
Not open for further replies.