• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH 1966 1/2 cab with 4K original miles

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
No offense, But I think from a side view the half cab proportions just don't look right compared to a full top or no top (never thought they did).

MY opinion only - I wouldn't want a half cab either.....otherwise it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I think there is a smaller audience for them for sure. It wouldn't stop me from getting one knowing how easy it is to change tops and seats if you really had to. I have a U14 and have no interest in putting a half top on it because I agree that OI don't like the way they look. This one is pretty nice though!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No offense, But I think from a side view the half cab proportions just don't look right compared to a full top or no top (never thought they did).

MY opinion only - I wouldn't want a half cab either.....otherwise it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

No offense taken! In actuality the 1/2 cab also just feels tighter on the inside compared to a full top and obviously topless truck. When the transporter picked up it take it to RK he couldn't believe it was exactly the same body and frame as my U15 and U13 that he had previously transported. So you aren't the only one who thinks 1/2 cab make it look out of proportion.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think there is a smaller audience for them for sure. It wouldn't stop me from getting one knowing how easy it is to change tops and seats if you really had to. I have a U14 and have no interest in putting a half top on it because I agree that OI don't like the way they look. This one is pretty nice though!

Yes it sure seems so that audience it smaller. But like you said the top comes off and quite easily compared to a full top. At least the 1/2 top is much easier to handle. I personally like the look of all three styles... ok obviously the U13 look is tops on the list but the 1/2 cab is still very unique in its own right!

Once again thanks to all for the generous comments on the build!!!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So there's a reason my 9/65' built u14 sat on the lot until 7/14/66? Lol :) u14 are by far my favorite of the three.

Screenshot_20211110-224134_Gallery.jpg

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I love the U14s too! I can make up my mind which I like best, so while I'm deciding, I'll just keep looking for another to go with the other 7 U14s!;D

classic

An observation and question related to the driver side mirror. Is that specific to 66's? U13, 14, and 15's?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
MAYBE try selling it topless and sell the half cab top separately??? Just a thought.

Wouldn't advise adding a soft top or full hard top before trying to sell, as the drilling requirements for either could deter the sale.

Just grasping at straws here.......Still a BEAUTIFUL rig!!!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
An observation and question related to the driver side mirror. Is that specific to 66's? U13, 14, and 15's?

The round mirror is known as a roadster mirror but it's actually just a base model mirror. I have seen U15 and U14 with the stick mirror and have seen truck with them also removed. They do hang out pretty far from the side of the truck.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
MAYBE try selling it topless and sell the half cab top separately??? Just a thought.

Wouldn't advise adding a soft top or full hard top before trying to sell, as the drilling requirements for either could deter the sale.

That is probably a good idea to get a couple pictures of it with the top off. You would think people could visualize that but sometimes pictures do their job in marketing.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

That is probably a good idea to get a couple pictures of it with the top off. You would think people could visualize that but sometimes pictures do their job in marketing.

Why would anyone do that? Everyone that knows broncos know that the tops are removable and interchangeable. What would it allow a buyer to see that can't be seen now? It will sell as a u14 just fine I'm sure.

75Denver

What a beautiful restoration! Your guys work is top notch. Out of curiosity and now just learning about all the small first year parts, does this one have the original floor mat? I have bits and pieces of what was left inside mine and I swear, that mat could've been 1/4" thick new as it's half that dry rotted and sun baked. GLWS!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff any pics of it as it sat at the dealership or pre-restoration?

I personally don't but I'm sure Joe does on his phone. The day we picked it up it was really cold. So we tried to make quick work of it getting it on the trailer.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What a beautiful restoration! Your guys work is top notch. Out of curiosity and now just learning about all the small first year parts, does this one have the original floor mat? I have bits and pieces of what was left inside mine and I swear, that mat could've been 1/4" thick new as it's half that dry rotted and sun baked. GLWS!

The aftermarket mats are extremely close to original! Back in 2007 I purchased an NOS ‘66 mat and it looked and fit just like aftermarket. The only thing I'd the aftermarket may on a couple of them I had to trim because they were hair to long... but not a big deal!

Once again thanks for all the compliments on our build!

jmhend

Bronco Guru
For some reason I feel like it would be very hard to build a bronco this nice for the price.

Jeff as usual nicely done sir. Good luck to you and your friend on the sale. It's a beauty.

BCH BRCO

Jeff,
You & Joe did a beautiful job. Have you run into anyone doing and EV conversion?
Bernie

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff,
You & Joe did a beautiful job. Have you run into anyone doing and EV conversion?
Bernie

Hey Bernie, thanks on the 1/2 cab!!! I personally haven't run into anyone doing an EV. I'm not savvy with EV's but my guess the biggest hurdle would have to retrofitting the drivetrain. Also I'm not sure where they would locate the battery cells? The Bronco is heavy compared to the EV's that are on the road nowadays. So I'm not sure how it can be done with out totally changing it, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.;)

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just a FYI the truck did sell through RK Motors. We literally had it picked up but the transporter and had planned to head in the morning. RK had not taken it down on their website and one of there regular customer called in and want to come and see it. So we had the transporter drop it back off. It's took about 2 or so weeks to finalize. So the Bronco has a new owner and should be heading out next week.

Once again thanks for all the very kind compliments on the build!!!