• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Budd built bronco value?

OP
OP
Ivan777

Ivan777

Thank you for the reply. I tend to agree with you. Also hard to know how rare the budd body is.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agreed, nicely correct restored ones are not selling for that.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
$17,500 was about average to high for that bronco in 2017. I can't imagine it going for more than $25k now if it's in the same condition. $50k-$60k no way. Budd bodies aren't rare imo and regardless they don't bring any more money just because they are one. If it were a 732001-732010 vin or something like that, then yeah things would be different as far as the pricing.

OP
OP
Ivan777

Ivan777

$17,500 was about average to high for that bronco in 2017. I can't imagine it going for more than $25k now if it's in the same condition. $50k-$60k no way. Budd bodies aren't rare imo and regardless they don't bring any more money just because they are one. If it were a 732001-732010 vin or something like that, then yeah things would be different as far as the pricing.
Thanks. Yes same condition just California plates. Yeah vin is 771341. I think it will end up on being a trailer soon. time will tell how the market values it.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
If the truck looks the same as it did in Beer and Fishes photos I would be willing to bet its a 40K truck in the market these days if it is running and driving smoothly. I paid 40+ for a 66 Half Cab "Budd body" earlier this year that isn't original paint. I paid a little too much but it was an auction, there were other bidders and I wanted it. That original paint springtime yellow truck could easily bring 30K and I would buy it no questions asked for that price. 50-60 is getting a little crazy... I wouldn't turn it down if you could get the seller down in the low to mid 40s... It looks solid and like it could be a killer truck with very minimal work.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably more cred to the higher price last sale due to the "original owner" doing the selling. That's a big deal to many in the collector car world.
Unfortunately it no longer holds that status.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If the truck looks the same as it did in Beer and Fishes photos I would be willing to bet its a 40K truck in the market these days if it is running and driving smoothly. I paid 40+ for a 66 Half Cab "Budd body" earlier this year that isn't original paint. I paid a little too much but it was an auction, there were other bidders and I wanted it. That original paint springtime yellow truck could easily bring 30K and I would buy it no questions asked for that price. 50-60 is getting a little crazy... I wouldn't turn it down if you could get the seller down in the low to mid 40s... It looks solid and like it could be a killer truck with very minimal work.

For sure, could be close or above..