• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Cowl Seal

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wanting to find out the number of '66 owners who would like to see the driver's side vent box cowl to hood seal reproduced. A fellow early '66 bronco owner has located a manufacturer that is only interested in producing if there is enough interest and can make money doing it. A price has not been established yet. Just need a number of interested owners to see if it is worth it. Btw, these seals are typically found on the early '66 broncos with the metal air box. First few month production broncos. Let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 177

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I have never see one of those,interesting. Mine was made in Dec of 65. I might be interested, depending on price.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
If they were authentic repros my dad would probably want one for his.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
it's about time someone made that seal!!

Hey Tim, I'm in for three maybe four if the price is right! Also ask you contact about having them reproduce the 66 T-case shift boot.

Thanks Jeff

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, between emails and on here, 24 so far. I know there will be more coming in from associating with others over the years who have not responded yet. And Drew, I did hear from your Dad as well. He is up for one! Good point on the boot Jeff. I will suggest that too! Spread the word!

66broncofan

Contributor
I'm in and I'll start saving my pennies.

yes, definitely yes! I am painting the bronco today and will start reassembly soon and hate to put back the old ratty one.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would anyone else be interested? Still trying to see what I can generate. I will keep you posted.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure on cost yet. The more the merrier! Trying to see how many are interested and put everything together to see if the concept becomes reality. On that note too, this may be a one time shot at production! Low number of interest usually fizzles out an idea like this.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Tim, about how many seals do you have commitment for right now?