• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Cowl Seal

Bronconut

Tim,

Money sent to your PayPal.

I'm not sure about others, but I didn't see this thread about money until the 7th. Maybe there is a better way to remind those that were originally interested. PMs?

Hopefully we get enough.

Thanks for the hard work!

Mike

66broncofan

Contributor
BTTT
Come on all you early 66 bronco owners - you know you need/want this great repo part on your rig. Tim, hopefully you are getting some PM response from folks.

77Bronco636

Hey Tim
Money has been sent. Hopefully we get enough people interested to make this happen. I'm looking forward to getting one of these to complete one of the roadsters. Bump for your efforts!!!!

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BTTT
Come on all you early 66 bronco owners - you know you need/want this great repo part on your rig. Tim, hopefully you are getting some PM response from folks.

Still looking for more!!! It is slow at 12 paid for. We have a looooong ways to go. Anyone who said "yes" to the earlier portion of this thread please buck up. The manufacturer will not produce for just a few. 50 is needed to meet the manufacturing quota. thanks, tim

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
C'mon people, Tim has worked his a$$ off to get this part to this stage. Lets buck up and show our support to make this happen!!! BTW I'm practicing what I'm preaching, and have paid for two.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
Where else are you going to find this seal????? They do not exist any where. Every 66 owner should be coughing up the cash. For the guys that own, or plan to own, more than one 66, you need to jump on these. This could turn out to be just a one time deal and you will miss your chance to get them. Don't expect one guy to front the cash for every one else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, tax day is the deadline for taking orders - April 15th. After that, who knows if any more will be made. Have 25 paid for. 25 more to go. We will get there and after that, who knows at this rate.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well we are close to 40. And I still have a few out there that committed but no moola yet. Have seven that have not paid yet. No pay, no seal. I can get rid of the rest another way. Thanks to everyone who has paid!! I did talk with the manufacturer today and he said they should be close to being done late this week. I will be getting in touch with them on Monday to get the status. I can't wait either!!! thanks, tim

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know how hard it's to reproduce these obscure 66 parts, not to mention it can be a thankless task!

So thank you for spending your valuable business and personal time to get this done!

Jeff

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Alright, I am no where near resto time, but I did say I wanted one, so if i still can I will pony up. Is it to late?
I have been very slack to this sight lately, banned at work, and dial up at home.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys! But also have to acknowledge two other members here who had major input in getting this accomplished too - 66roadster and 66_bronco!! The first finding the manufacturer and the second for providing an original to use to model for the prototype. So again thanks! tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Alright, I am no where near resto time, but I did say I wanted one, so if i still can I will pony up. Is it to late?
I have been very slack to this sight lately, banned at work, and dial up at home.

Closing in on the amount spoken for but yes I have only a few left in the first batch. At this point, not sure another batch will be made. Anyone else? Please contact me via pm. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay have 46 spoken for and all but 5 are paid for. So only a few left. I will be keeping track of anyone who inquires after the first 50 are gone just in case we get another batch made. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update: Airbox Seal is Available

Okay, here is the latest word on the progress.

We did have 6 come in about two weeks ago and the compound was not right - too soft and the seals looked like crap. They flopped and did not hold their shape very well. I immediately called then and told them WRONG - not like the approved prototype. Turns out the supplier of the raw material sent the wrong stuff to the manufacturer.

I actually called today to get on the manufacturer to see how they are coming. They were making them this week with the correct compound and he did say they will be shipping out very soon. I will be letting everyone know they arrive here and out the door very soon.

I am getting as impatient as all of you. When they arrive, will take some pics and post.

Thanks everyone for being patient! tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally!!

Finally, about 15 seals arrived week before last and are looking great! This took way longer than I wanted it too, but as always, you are at the mercy of the manufacturer when it comes to this stuff. Well worth it though! Consistency is perfect and lines look like the originals. And also the manufacturer is open to making more, even if we have a list of ten or so. There is only one mold and so only one at a time are made!

More are on the way too as I spoke with the manufacturer earlier this week. They are the good ones and he was glad to hear that the seal that I mounted on the blue roadster is "shaping" itself to look perfect. After I glued it down, you can manipulate the seal to become straight and correct looking through the louvers of the hood. After mine has been on for the near two weeks now, it looks perfect! So, I will be labeling and getting shipments ready over this coming weekend. I am going to send seals out on the first ordered/pay basis that I have been keeping track of. I will include some simple instructions on how to install them along with recommendations for adhesives. Below are a couple of pics of the one mounted and a sea of seals. tim

Attachments

• get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 42
  • get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 36