• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Cowl Seal

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I may be in myself, even if it I don't have a 66' Roadster yet....:-X

I'll put you down for one. As for the roadster, you need to find one! ;D These fresh air box seals (nicknamed cowl seals) fit any '66 with the driver's side metal air box. Traditionally those are the '66 broncos produced in August, September and early October 1965 builds. Thanks.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone else? I had two samples and both are extremely close looking to the original. They are back at the manufacturer now with a small list of adding the correctness to them. So we'll see what the next round looks like. With a little bit of refinement and effort, they look to be spot on! The manufacturer asked about the numbers interested. I did say we are close to 50. Price will be set once I have a solid number I can tell them to produce. Let me know if you are interested and the quantity.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Tim, me too. Not sure of the date of MFR on Swiss Cheese but I'll get one too.
Mark

delconick

i would certainly buy one even though i just so happen to actually have a nice survivor for my roadster. how many were you looking to have made? figure you only have a couple build months of trucks to deal with! the guy could not possibly sell many! plus it makes the one i have worth a mint if he dosent make em! ;D

Dbteak

I would be in for one also even though I am going back and forth from a glass hood and not using the fresh air vents to using the stock hood. I better get one just in case.

Doug

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update: Airbox Seal is Available

Okay, received the latest prototype and they are fantastic! They even managed to get the small rib markings on the top portion. That was my request after they made the mold. Makes them look more genuine! The consistency is like the originals, the height is great and seals to the hood and the base sits just like the originals. Three of the four sides sit over the airbox screws. The one side (I believe driver's) does not. Just like the originals! I will try and mark on the underside with an arrow pointing to the front of the bronco how they are to sit. These are cast as one piece and not mitered and glued as first suspected.

So here is the low-down for production. There is enough resin material to make 50 for the first batch. What I need is to collect money and quantity to place the order. I really do not want to front all the money for these as I need solid commitments. Only way is to start collecting moolah! Cost is at $50 per airbox seal. A second one cost the same. The only break is getting the shipping down when quantity is up. So, $50 + $7.50/shipping for one. Buy 2 ($100) of them and shipping is $12.50. If there are more than two, just add $5/seal for cost. Hope this all is clear!

All I need is to get the first 50 paid for. If we fill the first order, they will do a second order of 50 as well. Right now I have about 65 on a list that I have been keeping track of. All that responded on this thread are on it.

Below are photos showing what the old ones typically look like and then the new one. Hope everyone likes it! Btw, getting it to this stage has taken about a year! Not an overnight deal. I am also getting them to send me a sample of the one piece cowl seal too. It measures 60" long x 5/8" square stock and is also found on top of the '66 cowls. I will try and place a photo as well of this. I will post as soon as I get samples.

All payments can be made with Paypal, postal money order, cashier's check or bank check (pm me for my mailing address). My email is: timhulick@aol.com.

Also, watch the www.roadsterU13.com store for upcoming products for the '66 roadster/bronco as well as other years (the latest U13 long t-sleeve shirts are available and ready to ship on the site). There is a ton of items that is/will be available soon!! Some are even produced through joint arrangements with other vendors as well as fellow bronco brothers.

Last, John, thanks for letting post this on CB. It is nice to hear John say "no problem"!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4705.jpg
    IMG_4705.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4926.jpg
    IMG_4926.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4927.jpg
    IMG_4927.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4928.jpg
    IMG_4928.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

66broncofan

Contributor
Money sent via PayPal. Thanks Tim! I'm in for the one piece cowl seal too when that one is available.

77Bronco636

Looking great Tim. Thanks for seeing this through and thanks to all the others that helped make it happen. Will be a nice addition to all the early restored 66's out there.
Paul

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hello??

Okay, maybe bad timing on posting this last week or maybe no one is interested in them anymore but only have a few that have responded and sent payment. Thank you for those that did! Unfortunately not enough to take to production of at least 50 yet! I have kept a log of damn near 100 of these wanted ever since I created this thread. If I do not get many more to respond, either I will not bother to have them made or go to plan B - take them to the vendors. I can list on here all that have wanted them. Better than half. So come on guys, please let me know! thanks, tim

Dbteak

I will get the wife to send money by paypal later today.

Doug