• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN 1966 U13 World Record price! Really? Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bulkheads came in both bench and bucket seat version.

Never seen that style VIN plate, maybe military/government?

Front hubs are wrong.

For that price it should not be cut

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Something is not right about this, it was on Craigslist a month ago for 25k IIRC, sounds like someone may have bought it by negotiating that seller down (or the owner just decided to trade it in) and the new owner is now trying to flip it for an astronomical price.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
It's only a world record price is someone actually buys it for that amount!!!

I offered him $6,500 but he didn't take it.

Scot

Attachments

• $T2eC16NHJIYFHOdqiF3eBSE4ziequ!~~60_14.jpg
    $T2eC16NHJIYFHOdqiF3eBSE4ziequ!~~60_14.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 192

fordfan

Bronco Guru

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's official, that ViN plate is all wrong for a U13, having just owned three, they all start with, you guest it, U13, not P. nope, just tried google than vin and it still shows as a Tbird. Maybe this guy has the wrong photo? His vin in the eBay post looks good.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
My guess is the broker selling the cars on consignment got the Ebay pictures messed up. The Marti report vin is correct, and its plausible it was a late 66 U13 sold as a 67.

Look at the P VIN plate, and the other items in the picture to include that weird push nut--not from a Bronco.

andyp

Contributor
This sold for $29,700 at Russo and Steele. Commission included

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of the first things I noticed was the 67 style tailgate and bumper. From my experience a good position of 67's still had the first year 66 tailgate and sometimes 66 bumpers too. Now one can't be dogmatic on mix and match parts because all the manufactures would use up old inventory when making changes. But seeing this early 67 I would bet it had a 66 tailgate & bumpers. My biggest clue is the lack of snaps across tailgate beltline for the Whitco soft top. Odds are this truck had a mishap / accident sometime in its life and the bodyshop just bought what was available... 67 tailgate and bumper. Also what another clue is the "white" painted rear license plate holder which should be body color.

I agree with Drew the rear wheel flares makes it look all wrong. Not to mention the left/pass. is off and running up hill.... I guess "Eileen" installed that one.

If your going to ask top dollar you better have everything correct, working, and darn near perfect: no wiper motors, no washer bottle, squirts aren't hooked up, no jack assembly, rear seat where they shouldn't have one, no seat belt for the rear seat, the rear seat has 68 style armrests, wrong horn button... etc ... etc I'm sure there is more to find wrong, if it was seen in person. What strikes me the fact is "12,000 original miles" vehicle but yet actually has a lot wrong with it!

Oh well, each to their own but it prove to me yet again the Bronco community needs to get into "print" standards on restorations... what's correct or not. Most other classic cars have these kinds of books / resources but its time now for the '66-'77 "Classic" Bronco.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
It is a '67. Made in Nov '66. What's the problem with the VIN?

pnavarro170

he had a picture of some weird vin plate with weird number, Says he will correct it soon.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
he had a picture of some weird vin plate with weird number, Says he will correct it soon.
That's was my point earlier... why would a "only" 12,000 mile cream puff truck need a new VIN tag to begin with!!! Ford didn't put the wrong VIN tag on! I bet when they pulled the Marti they changed out the VIN plate. But here some questions that need to be answered: why was the original VIN tag changed in the first place, where is the original VIN plate now, why didn't they question the difference in the two VIN plates before swapping them?

I'm sure this guy who is selling the truck didn't do any of the work to the truck so he has no clue what happened with the VIN plate. But if your going to try to sell a vehicle for big money, you better know what your trying to sell before you try to sell it!

andyp

Contributor
This truck "sold" at no reserve. It is possible to buy back your own vehicle at auction if you think the price is to low. Of course you have to pay commission unless they worked out a deal with the auction company.
In the Ebay ad they talk about adding the rear seat after purchasing the truck yet the auction pictures are the same and show the back seat.
Interesting for sure, fun to follow these trucks...

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
VIN tag update.... Well, he now has the correct picture of the VIN tag. So the truck still has the original VIN tag still on the truck and not the weird one he had pictured. The problem is why would a 12,000 mile truck need to get repainted??? Not to mention the fact the painter painted right over the VIN tag which tells us the prior owner got a really crap painter and paint job. If you look closely in the engine bay you can see the painter painted over harness clips and such.

We now now why the truck didn't sell at Russo and Steele because the buyers at those places aren't stupid! A buyer there knows when a vehicle was restored right or not. While it was being auction off I'm sure if any serious buyers had the intention not to bid high because they were figuring the additional money to restore this Bronco correctly.

In my $.02 (which means nothing) there is more to this truck that meets the eye! How much more can be seen in person compared to these ebay pics. Most of you guys know that I'm all for exposure of early Broncos (not to mention the U13's) in the high leave classic car market. With a rare 67 U13 V8 I do believe it could and should sell for for big money but not in the condition this seller is trying to sell it in! Just being rare just isn't enough but the quality has to be there too for a vehicle like the U13. Keep in mind U13 the is only just starting to get noticed in the collector car market. There has to be a track record (more then a couple sales) of a value of a vehicle before they take a gamble on over paying for it solely for it's rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.