• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 U150 in Tucson AZ - $3,000 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
***SOLD***

Gentlemen,

I am a Power Wagon guy, so I am offsides here, but I am helping a recently widowed lady with a 1966 Bronco. Arizona car, rust is zero except for floorpan on passenger's side where the heater core leaked, but did not penetrate. Minor collision damage on both sides at fuel filler necks. Obvious non-factory fuel tank(s), and cut wheel openings. Truck "ran good when parked", probably 7-8 years ago. Pack rats have been active = wiring damage. Since this isn't a MOPAR, any information you may have on this is greatly appreciated.

H

Notes based on questions:

- Glass is good all the way around, windshield has a couple of stars - I would probably replace that if it were mine, but not urgent.
- Engine ran when parked 7 years ago
- Trans is allegedly good
- Steering gear is loose, needs love
- Wiring has been damaged by rat chews and age, expect to replace harness
- Tires are totalled, but you knew that already
- Paint is factory with Arizona sunburn, no body filler that I can find
- Rust on passenger's floor pan due to heater core leak-out. I cleaned about a tablespoon of rust from there. There is no penetration, and the bolt and bolt hole look ok.
- There was gas in it when parked, expect new tank(s) or cleanout. Tanks were aftermarket or custom, not original.
- There is a back seat with the truck, found in a garage, is in good condition, will photograph.
- Looking for the rest of the wheels. It is presently wearing three factory Ford steels, and two 8" steels. There used to be 5 of each. Update - cannot find any other wheels, what you see is what you get.
- Bumpers are nicely made homemade or old aftermarket. Rear bumper is bent.
- Spare tire carrier is aftermarket Dick Cepek
- Antenna mount for CB/Ham radio on drivers side rear quarter panel. Truck was used in search and rescue for many years and carried radio gear at various times
- Dual battery pans
- The box on top of the drivers side wheel well is a spare parts box
- The truck was once a "centerfold" in Outside magazine in the 1990s for a drive in the Cabeza Prieta game range. I will pass on the issue if I learn it. Owner says she may have a copy saved.

DSC_8705.jpg

DSC_8706.jpg

DSC_8707.jpg

DSC_8708.jpg

DSC_8710.jpg

DSC_8711.jpg

DSC_8712.jpg

DSC_8713.jpg

DSC_8714.jpg

DSC_8715.jpg

DSC_8716.jpg

DSC_8717.jpg

DSC_8724.jpg

DSC_8726.jpg

DSC_8727.jpg

Last edited:

Sold76

Help/sale?

I live in Tucson... I'm interested in taking a look and giving you some advise. Maybe discussing purchasing.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Late '66 according to the VIN, looks like July '66.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Based on what I can see, I'd say ~$2500 is probably a fair asking price. It'll probably need some work to get it running again and I'm sure all the rubber is rotten and needs replacement before it goes back on the road in any safe manner (and that covers everything from fuel lines to brake lines to tires). I'm not a body guy but those dents around the door openings don't look like they'd be real easy to fix but perhaps they are.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
A

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
Todd,

I appreciate your help. That seems like it's in the zone, these things seem to command a little more price than Dodges. This truck is about like all the other Arizona yard finds I've worked on - perfect metal, everything organic is shot - rubber, wire, upholstery, hydraulics, gas tank, and usually guages. But you don't have to do a frame off and a lot of welding like those cancerous wet climate trucks. I would probably hammer out the dents since the metal is good.

Just to be safe, I'll set the asking at $3,000 to see if somebody will reach a bit for the nice lady.

H

Based on what I can see, I'd say ~$2500 is probably a fair asking price. It'll probably need some work to get it running again and I'm sure all the rubber is rotten and needs replacement before it goes back on the road in any safe manner (and that covers everything from fuel lines to brake lines to tires). I'm not a body guy but those dents around the door openings don't look like they'd be real easy to fix but perhaps they are.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's too weird. I was thinking about this truck in a meeting this morning and thought of the Devil's Highway article and the fact that it had a '66 Bronco in it and thought by chance.....and you answered my question! Couldn't remember the magazine - I would've guessed Outside or Men's Journal. I also remember being impressed that they drove across in the middle of the summer in this thing. Wow!! I may have a copy in my collection too.

EDIT: I looked in my stacks and couldn't find the magazine. I do know it was in a late '90s/early '00s issue. I did the Cabeza Prieta trip twice - in '95 and '97 if memory serves correctly, and the article came out after I had traveled it.

Todd Z.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
More pictures per PM requests. Special thanks to Sold76 who came by to have a look and give advice.

H

DSC_8739.jpg

DSC_8741.jpg

DSC_8743.jpg

DSC_8744.jpg

DSC_8745.jpg

DSC_8747.jpg

DSC_8748.jpg

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_8751.jpg

DSC_8752.jpg

DSC_8753.jpg

DSC_8755.jpg

DSC_8756.jpg

DSC_8759.jpg

DSC_8760.jpg

DSC_8762.jpg

DSC_8765.jpg

DSC_8768.jpg

DSC_8769.jpg

DSC_8770.jpg

DSC_8771.jpg

DSC_8772.jpg

DSC_8774.jpg

DSC_8775.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
Pickup is Saturday April 6th. Will lock thread when transaction is complete.

Meanwhile, here is an example of the fleet...

H

pw03.JPG

OP
OP
A

azlaw

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
Picked up today, new owner may announce himself at his pleasure.

Big thank you to everyone here for all your help!

H

Status
Not open for further replies.