• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 3speed on the tree shift pattern?

tdog

Never had a shifter on the column. What is the shift pattern?

To me and Up. Reverse?
To me and down. First Gear?

Towards the dash and up. Second gear?
Towards the dash and down. Third gear?

The bronco has junk engine in it now. I m looking at using a 3 speed floor shifter off a 60's Mustang.

Any help on the pattern would be great.

Thanks

OP
OP
T

tdog

Thanks guys. Not sure if the stang shifter will work either. Have not seen it. But my buddy has one to give me for free so I thought I would check into it. Knowing the pattern will help out a bunch. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it a stock Ford shifter, or aftermarket for the Mustang? If aftermarket, the actual shifter mechanism will likely be the same, but the rods and mounting brackets will be the differing factors. And Duff makes their shifter with an offset lever for more knee clearance.
A shift lever can be bent, but if your legs are long enough, the offset version really helps.

Paul