• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1969 Bronco Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Ok - let first me say that I love my Bronco and I don't need to sell. Space is somewhat limited at my place, and I want to use the funds to build my ultimate car - a traditional model A hot rod. I am looking at the brookville bodies now and I am going to start marketing my truck to raise the funds. I am aware that the economy is poor right now, and that the best prices are not likely. I am currently driving and enjoying the bronco on a daily basis.

I have had this truck for about 4 years. I started with a reasonably clean Texas truck that needed a full mechanical rebuild. The only rust was in the front floor pans - minor pin holes. This rust was repaired with butt-welded patches - covering a 2" strip on the driver's side and about the same on the passenger.

The following work/mods have been performed on my truck:

Brakes
  • Chevy front disc brake conversion with all new parts (horsepower sales). I also replaced all bearings and seals, and installed new premium WARN Hubs.
  • Power brake booster (vaccuum) Also from horsepower sales
  • Rear Disc brake conversion - new parts. The emergency brake cable is also new and it will hold the truck on a steep hill. Emergency brake pedal is also reachable with my family cage.

Driveline
  • Rebuilt and balanced driveshafts. New u-joints, etc.
  • Rebuilt 9" locker in the rear with 4:11 gears. Also replaced bearings and seals.
  • Front diff. is a stock dana 30 with 4:11 locking gears.

Suspension and steering
  • 2.5" lift with wildhorses suspension. New springs, bushings, shocks, etc. All new parts.
  • 1" body lift
  • Stock Manual Steering

Drivetrain
  • Rebuilt 302. Stock rebuild with a RV cam.
  • Edelbrock Performer intake and 600 cfm carb. Manual choke
  • Pertronix billet distributor with electronic ignition
  • Stainless JBA headers (matte finish) with spark plug protector boots
  • True dual exhaust with all welded seams (no clamps)
  • NV3550 Transmission (new, not rebuilt)
  • Centerforce clutch and pressure plate
  • Rebuilt transfer case with twin sticks
  • All new belts, hoses, etc -
  • Rebuilt heater box and new heater core

Body
  • CORE family cage - tied to frame. Cage has sleeves for seat belts, and belts, seats and retractors are mounted to the cage
  • Custom bumpers front & rear
  • Older paint with plenty of patina. The only negative on the body is that the reflector holes were filled in with fiberglass and puttied over at some point. There is no rust repair or wreck damage that I am aware of. The underside is as clean as the top.
  • Gorrilla warflares
  • Cage, bumpers, and inside of tub are rhino-lined. I also lined the rockers
  • I have the original doors and they are rust free
  • Truck is from West Texas and is about as rust free as you would ever find. the only rust in the front floor pans was due to a leaky top, and it was in an area (Odessa Texas) that rarely sees rain.

Misc:

• New Speedy-Trac top
  • Recovered Seats (factory seats)
  • Centech wiring harness
  • Tuffy Security Glove Box
  • New Windshield and Gasket
  • New 23 gallon tank and sending unit
  • 5 New wheels and tires
  • Hi-Lift Jack mounted to rear bumper

The only things this truck needs to be "complete" in my eyes would be the addition of power steering, and some minor work on the instrument cluster. Right now the gas gauge doesn't work and I have disconnected the speedo due to a whine. I am looking for a new gauge cluster now to repair this issue. The paint is pretty weak, but it is good for a truck that you don't have to worry too much about taking off road and enjoying. I still get a lot of compliments on the truck and the paint is adequate for a driver.

My focus on this build was safety and reliability, and I am comfortable taking the wife and kids out due to the great brakes, safety cage and reliability of this truck. I am not sure of value - but would entertain offers and suggestions on value. Can send detailed photos if there is any interest. I am also open to trades for an original or modified model A - or 40/41 Ford pickup.

Thanks !

Attachments

• Bronco-Current.jpg
    Bronco-Current.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Exhaust-transfer case.jpg
    Exhaust-transfer case.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Front Seats.jpg
    Front Seats.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Ladies in the Truck.jpg
    Ladies in the Truck.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Rear Seat.jpg
    Rear Seat.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 946
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,277
  • transmission and transfer case.jpg
    transmission and transfer case.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Feedback on Value

I have seen similar trucks sell from 9K to 16K in the last year. It's hard to pinpoint value without seeing in person - but do want some realistic feedback.

leewillis92

absolutely awesome. i havent seen that bronco around here before, do you drive it around town a lot? i live in the oak crest neighborhood. good luck on the sale AGShelby

OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Georgetown

absolutely awesome. i havent seen that bronco around here before, do you drive it around town a lot? i live in the oak crest neighborhood. good luck on the sale AGShelby

Not sure where Oak Crest is located. I live in Woodland Park - past Sun City on Williams drive West. I drive it every day when the weather is nice. It has only been back on the road for a year - and I have about 5K miles on it. Right now it is my daily driver.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Obviously a piece of junk. You shouldn't get your hopes up if you're gonna try to peddle this kind of stuff.

leewillis92

woodland park? i have a buddy that drives a navy blue international scout that lives in that neighborhood. maybe you've seen him around. oak crest is over by the georgetown country club. your truck sure is clean and again, good luck with the sale

OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Scout

woodland park? i have a buddy that drives a navy blue international scout that lives in that neighborhood. maybe you've seen him around. oak crest is over by the georgetown country club. your truck sure is clean and again, good luck with the sale

Yeah - the Scout is just around the corner from my house.

OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Work Continues

As long as I am driving this truck I am taking care of the loose ends. I ordered hood strut rods, a speedo cable and new gas gauge to clear the nagging open items.

Looks like selling (at least for a good price) will be a long term project. In that time I going to keep it as a daily driver and keep refining it .

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
As long as I am driving this truck I am taking care of the loose ends. I ordered hood strut rods, a speedo cable and new gas gauge to clear the nagging open items.

Looks like selling (at least for a good price) will be a long term project. In that time I going to keep it as a daily driver and keep refining it .

About time you're doing some work on the wreck... ;)

pierr

Loc.
Gordon,GA
What shape are the factory doors (paint,vent windows,etc) in? Didn't remember seeing pic's of them?:?. Also,tell us more about how it drives w/the NV3550 out on the highway(RPM's w/ 4.11 gear & 3550 at say 65mph?). Thanks, Pierr.

OP
OP
A

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Photos

What shape are the factory doors (paint,vent windows,etc) in? Didn't remember seeing pic's of them?:?. Also,tell us more about how it drives w/the NV3550 out on the highway(RPM's w/ 4.11 gear & 3550 at say 65mph?). Thanks, Pierr.

There are many more photos in my gallery that show the truck from the point I bought it up until now. The most recent ones are the ones posted in this ad.
The doors are in good shape and rust free - have vent windows, etc. The frames are not removable.

Not sure of RPM as I don't have a TAC, but I shift into 5th at about 60 mph. Any slower and it is too low of rpm. Before I put in the 5 speed the truck was wound out at about 55 - and now i can cruise at 70-75 without issue. The limiting factor on the truck is the aerodynamics and the lack of doors.

Gallery Link: http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/11335/cat/500/ppuser/16804

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Now that I've had a chance to look at the pics in your gallery, I've got me $5 grand set aside soon as you're ready to pull the trigger baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.