• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1970 Bronco Buildup - "Long Shot"

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I love the reinforcement around the steering box area.

What are you doing for a track bar mount?
We are going to build a new one out of 1/4" plate.
You gonna raise the track bar at the axle?
Yes

Looks very good. I like watching these custom builds.

You may have said it but what are you using for the front x-member and where are you going to place it in relation to the old one?
Its going to be made out of 2" OD - 1/4" Wall D.O.M tube. I don't remember if we are moving it forward or not. Using the Smaller tube we may not have to move it foward.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Right on. Keep it up and thanks for keeping the thread updated. I am also guilty of not doing that.

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Front cross member is in. Its made of 2" OD x 1/4" wall DOM. Also added passenger side spring bucket. Should have the axles under it before too long. They are under a f-150 frame still.

Attachments

• DSC00098 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00098 (Medium).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Two years after starting and this thing isn't much farther along. Its been sitting on the axles for the last year and hasn't even been touched.

Just a bump to keep this thing from falling off the face of the earth.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The one we are doing for Bradlee is moving much faster. Economic times being what they are......