• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1970 Stroppe

OP
OP
S

syndicate1

Contributor
I think that was the one on eBay, stroppe options added but not a factory "real" one.

Based on the ad, it sounds like it came from an estate sale and has a marti report documenting it’s a Stroppe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEBONE

There was a thread about this last month. Scroll down a little and you can find it under "Stroppe-ocado 1970 Bronco on ebay". Belongs to a member here. Nice looking rig

navi

It's not a Stroppe according to the seller, but the ads always say Stroppe. ;D

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
stroppe

You need to understand the nuances of a stroppe; This IS a Stroppe. It is a "kit stroppe" or at least an Stroppe accesorised bronco. To make that statement illustrates your lack of knowledge in this area.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
IMHO it is either factory from Ford to Stroppe = a real Stroppe. This will recorded on the Marti report.

Anything else is aftermarket or add ons, which I know range from full shop install on an existing Bronco all the way down to just parts ordered out of a catalog. ...Just because you took your Mustang to Shelby's shop it ain't a Shelby...

navi

You need to understand the nuances of a stroppe; This IS a Stroppe. It is a "kit stroppe" or at least an Stroppe accesorised bronco. To make that statement illustrates your lack of knowledge in this area.

Yeah and I ate a Denver omlette sandwich in my bronco last month, I now consider it a "Denver Bronco". ;D

House

Minutia Militia
Is this essentially a "Stroppe Modified"?

I would say “Stroppe Equipped” since it has Stroppe parts installed.
A “Stroppe Modified” would mean that the work was done at Stroppe’s facility.

Jtcugar

Somebody get a pic of the damn Marti report and let’s put this thing rest already!

hucklburry rev2

The marti lists the Stroppe - saw it on the other thread - which means it shipped from Ford to Stroppe to the dealer/owner right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Can't believe it hasn't sold for that money yet

THEBONE

hucklburry, I don't think you saw the Marti. Perhaps a list of options/features. I think House has it right.

mickphatmac

He says it HAS a Marti report but does not say anything about it going through Stroppe's facility. He also says it was sold 20 miles from Stroppe's building but again, nothing to state it actually went there. Then lists all the Stroppe goodies it has on it...
Really cool "Stroppe Equipped" Bronco.

My '68 is also a Stroppe Equipped Bronco as well ;)

Rangerbj

I spoke to current owner and it is not a 100% Stroppe. It has Stroppe parts but not all the typical parts. The original owner may have taken his newly bought bronco down the street to the Stroppe shop and had them add the parts. If he only had the receipts for the work that Stroppe did to it, then that would be very good as to stating it was a Stroppe built bronco to me. I think it has Stroppe blood lines in it

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sale might be pending I heard??? But still up in the air?? Anyway neat bronco in a great color .