• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1973 Bronco Explorer Orange/Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going to be looking for a new Bronco to keep Campico company soon. Her lontime stablemate is rehabilitated and ready to go conquer what lies ahead. I've always wanted an orange/orange Bronco Explorer from '73. What I'm looking for is an original truck with hopefully mostly original interior. The exterior can need work and be cut or uncut. If I could find one cut but original paint and exterior in good shape, that would be my prefernce, but I'll consider all. And if it's uncut, I will of course leave it that way. Call or email 408 515 5615

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
If you find one and need some interior pieces, let me know. I have most of the interior pieces like front rear seats, door panels, cups, arm rests. I have the Orange mat, but it's pretty well shot. I couldn't make myself throw it away. Yes, I'm a Bronco parts hoarder!!!

72_EB

66to77
There was one several years back at the annual Michigan swap that I kept going back and back to. Such a cool, ugly model. The plaid orange is really too much. I love it. This one had killer interior, but the underside was typical Midwest rot. Pretty sad. Good luck on the search and post some pics if you find one.

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. I've only seen a few. I know a nice uncut in the east and saw a cool lifted cut one at FFF in anaheim in 96. I'll keep eyes out and if you would too id appreciate it.

Bronco-John-Boy

Loc.
Silver Creek
Hey BajaFresh75, I have a one owner 73 all original Orange (color code Y) Orange interior Bronco Explorer! It took me 10 years to find it, I have another Bronco in restoration shop that i want to clone to my original. I bought an original orange explorer dash with glovebox door and one armrest from BroncoDavid. I need more orange interior pieces, saw in your post that you have some, can you send me your number or call me at 706-844-6739. Thanks-John

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Andrew, I think my friend here locally is possibly selling an uncut '73 Explorer. I think I sent you pics a few years ago. Its the Y-code Orange with all the nice Orange decor inside. Auto/P.S. truck.

Andy
Blue71

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey you two, are these the pics? Great looking rig!! Andrew, had I known when you were here this summer, I would have shown you my prized possession upstairs in the garage - my orange explorer seat for the bronco room! tim

Attachments

• get-attachment-8.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-8.aspx.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 82
  • get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 91
  • get-attachment-6.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-6.aspx.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 104
  • get-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 81
  • get-attachment-11.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-11.aspx.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 95

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tim, That is a good looking rig. I could see Andrew sportin' that '73 around:) I sent him pics of one around here locally that a friend might be selling. I thought you'd seen pics of it?

Andy
Blue71

72_EB

66to77
Wow. What a front bumper! Does that thing double as a picnic table? The rear bumper must be in a different time zone. :eek: ;) ;D

Hey you two, are these the pics? Great looking rig!! Andrew, had I known when you were here this summer, I would have shown you my prized possession upstairs in the garage - my orange explorer seat for the bronco room! tim

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats a pretty one. Me likey. Orangina is a little rougher but just as pretty. I will call this one you put picures of, "Sunny D." Or, "Orange Underbite"

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tim, That is a good looking rig. I could see Andrew sportin' that '73 around:) I sent him pics of one around here locally that a friend might be selling. I thought you'd seen pics of it?

Andy
Blue71

Hey these are the pics you sent me a few years ago. Isn't this your friend's?

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow. What a front bumper! Does that thing double as a picnic table? The rear bumper must be in a different time zone. :eek: ;) ;D

Hee-hee, haw-haw! Too funny there John. Outside of your favorite front bumper, looks to be an awesome rig!!! tim;D

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats a pretty one. Me likey. Orangina is a little rougher but just as pretty. I will call this one you put picures of, "Sunny D." Or, "Orange Underbite"

That sure is great looking combo between the color and the interior Andrew! Good taste you have! Here is another one I found a couple of years ago passing a local dealership. Was the parking lot snow plow for the Ford lot. Told them I would be interested when they decide to sell. The interior looked like showroom quality!!! Gone now and no idea where it went off too. Never did get a phone call from them! tim

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3684.jpg
    IMG_3684.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3682.jpg
    IMG_3682.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3683.jpg
    IMG_3683.jpg