• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 bronco front tie rod ends part numbers/alternative part that will work

Whitlockracing

I am wondering if there is a alt tie rod kit off of something else that will work on a 73 bronco I need a drivers tie rod end by the weekend and the parts store tells me that they have been discontinued

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
have you checked rock auto for the parts?

Hank

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe from that one brand, but we still buy stock stuff from the warehouses as far as I know.
In addition to RockAuto you should try other local stores to you. There are probably twenty different brands of steering linkage manufacturers, with some using the same factory production facility, some being owned by one another, but enough of them independent from one another that hopefully you can find something nearby.
Otherwise you can purchase from the Bronco vendors in a pinch (here's ours: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Left_Tie_Rod_6675yr/66-75_TIE_RODS).
Just might have to wait longer or pay more for shipping unfortunately.

Where are you by the way? Have many local sources to reach out to other than your first choice?
And no, I'm not aware of any other vehicle that would have anything even close to what would fit in place of a model made specifically for an Early Bronco.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
W

Whitlockracing

thanks for info I am in provo utah I have tried 4 different parts chain and rock auto is out of them the dorman and acdelco dont show to have one. I know wild horses has them but I was trying to get it by the weekend.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, didn't think you had time to get one from us, but was pointing out that we still had them (at least at last check) so someone would also hopefully have them in your area.
But it sounds like you've already traveled that road and nobody's home!
Sounds like a trend looming. I wonder how long before we can't get them anymore too?

Sorry to hear you're going through the hassle. Any chance the old one will get you by until something better comes along? Or is it just too far gone?

Be nice if there were more customizers willing to touch steering linkage and could simply cut your old end off, thread the rod and install a new one from some other vehicle. But not many out there will do that.
The good news is that you're in an area full of auto stuff. The bad news it's already Thursday!%)

Good luck.

Paul