• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 sold on Mecum Monteray

BrookTrout76

Loc.
Frisco
Thanks for the greetings and feedback. I know I just need to find one and pull the trigger.

I’m looking to look around on the Mecum website and figure that out.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Thanks for the greetings and feedback. I know I just need to find one and pull the trigger.

You can find what you are looking for but be patient. It may not be a bad idea to get something earlier without pb and convert it to possibly keep costs down. Conversions are pretty simple if you buy a bolt on kit and can be done in a weekend no problem.

The bronco you described I feel is definitely a $25,000 bronco if not more. Main things I look for when looking:

-Rhinoliner... Im not buying anything pricey that has had rhino liner sprayed in the engine bay or interior. A lot of people spray that stuff to cover rust and you never know. If it is obviously something that the metal was repaired and they took their time and did the liner well then maybe..

-Original Paint ... Ideally you will find an original paint one so you can tell what is rust or not.

-Wiring ... Wiring problems can be hard and time consuming for someone that doesn't enjoy or regularly do it. Also pricey for a shop to install a new one. Feel the harness, see how dry it is and if the insulation crumbles. Check under dash and see if previous owners hacked the original harness up and spliced in a bunch of new stuff. Go through the switches and make sure things work.

-Seams ... Broncos can look really solid but can hide rust in the seams. For 25,000 you want to make sure that all the seams in the cargo area are solid and not forming surface rust or any pits from old rust. It is possible for 25k that you find some rust but it should be in really simple areas like the front floors and maybe a little in rockers and inner fenders in the engine bay.

-Oil/Engine Bay ... check the oil, see where its at level wise, color, smell... check bottom of motor, transmission, transfer case and axles for leaks or old crud buildup from previous leaks. You can usually tell how well something was cared for by the way the engine bay looks...

-Brakes ... you can check brakes by pushing the pedal but they are one of the cheaper and easier options to do on a bronco so I wouldn't base wether I bought a car on them or not.

Good Luck finding the right truck...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

If you got that kind of $$ you gonna get a good one :)

BrookTrout76

Loc.
Frisco
Thanks for tips Green61Bug! about what to look for! I don’t have Mecum money - I really don’t have the 25k for the Bronco I described, but if it’s what I think, I think it’s a square deal.

I was asking to see if that’s the “real market” these days.

And it sounds exactly it is IF it’s as described.

Thanks again!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for tips Green61Bug! about what to look for! I don’t have Mecum money - I really don’t have the 25k for the Bronco I described, but if it’s what I think, I think it’s a square deal.

I was asking to see if that’s the “real market” these days.

And it sounds exactly it is IF it’s as described.

Thanks again!

Understood.. no worries :)