• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1975 Uncut NOT MINE (Seems to good to be true?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
It is not that hard to get 1 in Texas. You have to get a bonded title first which involves a little running around, but is doable.

LI Bronco

Loc.
Long Island
I'm obviously new here, I am looking for my first Bronco and was very interested in this one too..

I am in NY and called DMV to ask what the procedure would be.. I was told the seller has to go to the Texas DMV and apply for a new title, simple $2.00 transaction.

he doesn't seem willing to do this which scares the crap out of me

Broncoman1966

Look around and find a 75 title and glove box if you want the exact year. I have a 66 body on a 68 frame and titled it as a 68 since I had a title and have never had a problem insuring nor getting a tag. Ordered a new title recently no problem. I combined two rigs into one. That is not uncommon in the least. People piece them together all the time. However if I was buying one and paying top dollar I would expect a title when purchased. Unfortunately the ones I find with titles are usually hunks of rust and yes I buy them anyway presently own 5. Definitely got the fever! Happy Hunting all!

helo-mech

Well I just got off the phone with him. The "older gentleman" he bought it from years ago could never produce a title. He went thru a title company to get it titled but they messed up the paperwork. Got the VIN wrong. He then had to get a bonded title for it and they messed it up as well. Went back to the Texas to get another bonded title and they "appraised the truck at $19,000." In all he says Texas wants $3,600 (due to sales tax) to title the truck. He appealed the appraisal and lost. This was all over about a 2 year period.

BTW...I am going to look at it Saturday morning. Anyone know what the FL laws are like?

Broncoman1966

I live 17 miles from Florida and 3 out of the 5 I own I bought from there. I know that in order to drive and tag a vehicle in Fla it must be titled. Make sure that the glove box door is mounted. As long as the (Past Owner of the title) signs it with no stray marks and doesn't cross anything out all you have to do is sign in the buyers spot and send it off to your states dmv. You'll have a new title within 2 to 3 weeks. Done it several times also bought my wife's minivan from Fla off of craigslist. I live in Ga.

LI Bronco

Loc.
Long Island
I live 17 miles from Florida and 3 out of the 5 I own I bought from there. I know that in order to drive and tag a vehicle in Fla it must be titled. Make sure that the glove box door is mounted. As long as the (Past Owner of the title) signs it with no stray marks and doesn't cross anything out all you have to do is sign in the buyers spot and send it off to your states dmv. You'll have a new title within 2 to 3 weeks. Done it several times also bought my wife's minivan from Fla off of craigslist. I live in Ga.

help me to understand since I am a Bronco noob.. the glove box will have a VIN # stamped on it, assuming he has the original glove box intact(1975) all the owner has to do is sign the glove box? and this is good enough proof to title a car out of state?

Broncoman1966

You need two things 1 title 2 Glove box door with the Vin # that matches the title. The owner of the title signs the spot called Seller you sign the spot called Buyer. As long as you have a glove box door with the same vin# as the title with Sellers signature on title you are good to go. Hope that clears it up for you.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Well I just got off the phone with him. The "older gentleman" he bought it from years ago could never produce a title. He went thru a title company to get it titled but they messed up the paperwork. Got the VIN wrong. He then had to get a bonded title for it and they messed it up as well. Went back to the Texas to get another bonded title and they "appraised the truck at $19,000." In all he says Texas wants $3,600 (due to sales tax) to title the truck. He appealed the appraisal and lost. This was all over about a 2 year period.

BTW...I am going to look at it Saturday morning. Anyone know what the FL laws are like?

If its as nice as he says it is - buy it NOW. Worry about the title later. You can always find a 75 title and glove box sometime down the road.

It would probably be a good idea to grab the real VIN and have it run to ck for any potential problems though. Last thing you'd want would be to buy a hot bronco.

Same goes to you LI Bronco. All you need in NY is the paper title (which you'd have to get from someone selling a glove box and title) - there's no inspection. But if you're in Long Island that would be a tough purchase to make sight-unseen.

helo-mech

Well someone was not scared......I was supposed to look tomorrow, but it sold today.

Status
Not open for further replies.