• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Bronco - DID NOT SELL ON EBAY - PRICE NOW $11,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bralston

I have for sale, a 1976 Ford Bronco in excellent condition. I purchased the Bronco almost a year ago and have worked consistently on restoring the vehicle. The vehicle at this point is completely restored and would make a great vehicle that someone would be proud to own.

The vehicle has the classic lines of old vintage broncos that I love so well, and is in remarkable shape. The body has no rust at all to my knowlege - if I knew of any rust on the vehicle I would immediately fix it. I have gone through great pains to eliminate ALL rust areas. I had the vehicle at a local welding / body shop for 3 months having the tailgate refurbished with steel parts and the floor pans all cut out and new OEM expensive floor pans replaced for both sides and back. The paint is original with some touch ups throughout, I would have re-painted it, but I don't think it needs it. I am very happy with the paint, but if for show quality it could be repainted with virtually no body work (there are two dents basically, one on the grill -nickel size, one on driver fendor - golf-ball size.) I have stripped down under the body and power-shot rust preventor and under-coat with sound deadiner completely under the body.

The interior in the vehicle is in great shape. Both front seats are brand new OEM style seats, the backseat is the original seat re-upholstered to match the front. The CD player is brand new (IPOD Capable- works with mine) and the speaker system in the back it brand new and removable (for washing or theft prevention). The interior is powder-coated repainted and has black metal-flake sprayed over. The dash is white. The upper dash is black with one tear / crack. The guages all work. The floorpans through-out are brand new and rust-free. All fendors are rust-free as is the body. The front fender flares are brand-new, the back fender flares are in great shape and didn't need replacing. The tail-gate is 100% rust free.

The top is in great shape and has good glass throughout. I currenlty have the top off. The Bronco stays in my garage at all time. It does leak oil on my floor, but every Ford I have ever owned does that :) It doens't burn oil, just leaks a little around the oil pans, hasn't been enough of an issue so far for me to take it in to fix.

Mechanically, the vehicle is in great shape. The prior owner had a new automatic (C-4 I believe) transmission placed in the vehicle. The overdrive is manual, it does not have the downshift linkage installed on the carb. I don't need it, the vehicle has plenty of acceleration for me, plus the transmission is geared for comfortable highway speeds. However, the truck handles excellently off-road. The Transfer case, 4wd, front-end, rear-end, etc, all work fine and are in good shape. I took the vehicle hunting this spring and the 4wd worked great, functioned smoothly and efficiently. The shifter is a Hurst, took me a while to get used to it, but I really like it now. I have only driven the vehicle max 600 - 700 miles. The tires and rims are in great shape. Tires have 80% plus tread on them, one driver side rear tire needs balanced I think. The motor is a 302 ford that is strong and doesn't smoke, it has a lot of miles left on it. I don't think it has been rebuilt. The carboreator is an Edelbrock and runs fine (although I hear Holley's are better for fuel mixture), the carb is new to the prior owner. The exhaust is a dual -header flowmaster system - SOUNDS AWESOME !!!!!! The motor has Cobra valve-covers, but I'm pretty sure the motor is 302 stock. The truck seems standard OEM lift, but the suspension has been redone. I placed new shocks all-around. You can add two more shocks to the front for additional off-road handling / articulation. The vehicle has a total of 4 shocks on it currently. Brakes are in great shape. Emer brake is not hooked up, probably wouldn't take much. The outside door latch on the driver side needs lubing to work as well as the inside. Both gas tanks work.

All electricals are in good shape and fuctional, lights, signals, driving lights, radio, windshield wiper, etc. Headlights are new. Alternator is new, Power Steering pump is new. Oil is new, with lucas added. Transmission fluid is new, with Lucas added. Steering wheel is new. Currently the vehicle is tagged and licensed and I drive it occasionally into the office. I own the vehicle outright and have the clear title.

It would make an excellent daily driver, very nice hunting/sport vehicle, rock crawler, or with some extra effort, a show quality car. From a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being absolute show quality, I would place the vehicle at an 8. I drove it for over 100 miles the other day on a trip and it ran with no problem.

I have enjoyed working on and owning this vehicle and need to sell because of a new job. I am motivated to sell. I am asking $15,000 or an offer that is reasonable, based on my experience of other broncos I would say this is a deal, hopefully you will agree. This is my second bronco, first was a 1968 that I sold on classicbroncos. I am honest about everything, I have found most EB guys are :) If you have questions, let me know. My email is Brad.Ralston@gmail.com , my phone number is 479-305-0571. If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll return the call. Anyone is welcome to come by and see it. I live in Fayetteville, AR.

All pictures are on http://picasaweb.google.com/brad.ralston

http://picasaweb.google.com/brad.ralston

Brad Ralston

photo

photo

photo

photo

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bralston

All the weather strips / seals are good on the bronco as well. I am putting the hard top back on tonight. The bronc runs 70-75 mph easy on the highway and has good tight steering / alignment. It would be easy to drive home.

OP
OP
B

bralston

There are also pics on the Ebay posting I have listed. The number is

OP
OP
B

bralston

Wiring is fine. Everything works. Doesn't need anything at all. Windshield wipers work, tail lights work, gas guages work, headlights work, signals work, front / back blinkers work. Speedometer works. Radio works, Horn works. No problems with anything really. Only problem I've ever had, is that the door locks stick sometimes. I probably need to spray wd-40 on them.

OP
OP
B

bralston

Funny, the last bronco I sold in like 20 mins on here. This one is in better shape and is taking much longer. Probably just the timing of when people are looking. Hey, if I don't sell, I'm going to get to drive a sweet hunting vehicle a little longer !!! My wife is really trying to sell it now though. Its all the wife's fault !!!!

OP
OP
B

bralston

Ebay response :

This is a nice, fun vehicle to drive around. I wish I could keep it. I drove it through hunting season last year, before I started really restoring it. I drove it almost 100 miles a couple of weekends ago. I would be suprised if you ever had any problems with it at this point. Everything works fine and it is in great shape. The tires have good tread, it is mechanically in excellent shape, everything works. The alternator is new, the fuel pump is new, the power-steering pump is new. The brakes work great. The windshield wipers are new. The gas tank hose is new, the floor pans are new, the shocks are new. the Carbeaurator is newer. You get the point. Could use a fresh paint job, although I would just drive it as it is for me. Depends on if you want it to be show quality shiny or wanted to take it offroad, etc. I just wanted it to look good and run good.

It does have small oil pan leak. Needs the oil pan gasket replaced probably. A mechanical shop will do that for around $50.

Your free to come drive it.

Brad

----- Original Message ----
To: adellralston@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 4:55:06 PM
Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member

eBay sent this message to Adell Ralston (adellralston).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member.

Question from golfhubie123

Activity with golfhubie123 (last 90 days):
- I have bid on 0 items from golfhubie123

golfhubie123( 3)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

thanks - I'm in no hurry, how does it drive? does it still leak any oil or anything? I'm looking for a "fun" car that I don't have to worry about.

Hubie

Status
Not open for further replies.