• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Boy did I mess up 1976 Bronco

dan12580

iam here in california and i had to buy a title from another vehicle to register my bronco. i bought a bronco from a guy back east who claimed he had clear title in hand. sure enough i get the bronco and the guy said he lost the title. made some phone calls, made sure the bronco wasnt stolen. i think i got a title from bronco connection, tennesee i think. 125$ bucks. i by no means advocate breaking the law but i will bet 10 bucks your bronco without the smog equipment pollutes less then 90% of the vehicles driven into this state by illegals that our government embrace. when i registered my bronco, the people at the dmv diddnt even look outside. i know in some states they actually look at the vehicle (frames, proper lighting, etc.) but my experience here has been that theyll just rubber stamp you along as long as you pay the fees.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
-isnt there a little law in california , that says , if you buy a car from a dealer , that comes under smog laws , they must make it pass the smog check ? i believe there is ,,, i would check into it ifn i was you ,,,

i know fer sure , that there is one here in oregon ,,, keeps em from screwing the new guy , for what the previous owner has done ...

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Boy, am I glad I still don't live in Cal. Had a 70 1/2 Z28 when I was stationed out there in the Army. Went to DMV, they told me it needed all the stock emissions on it. Pre-emissions was 68 back then in Cal. The car was set up with a stroker 383 pushing over 500 h.p. I decided to go the easy route, I registered the car in my county in Ohio that had no emission laws. However, thats not going to work in your case.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
-isnt there a little law in california , that says , if you buy a car from a dealer , that comes under smog laws , they must make it pass the smog check ? i believe there is ,,, i would check into it ifn i was you ,,,

i know fer sure , that there is one here in oregon ,,, keeps em from screwing the new guy , for what the previous owner has done ...

That would work if he bought it in Cal. But there is no law stating if you buy a car in another state, it has to be legal in all 50 states (only the state you purchase it in). Cal. is clearly stricker on vehicles, especailly bought in another state.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
i thought you didn't need a cat unless it was a california vehicle?

Need the cat here in OR, I have a 76 I am going to need to get smogged coming up. I think I have all the stuff. It can still run a 4bbl but it has to have all the egr stuff still.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
I have a title and glove box for a 71'

,,,, do you have the frame or pieces of the frame with the actual VIN # stampings on it to go along with your title & WARRANTY TAG on the glovebox door...... whether intentional or not, with the sale of early bronco glovebox doors & titles you are directly adding to potential thefts .... 2 links-1st from someone showing actual VIN # locations & the next link is a list we could all end up on with the promotion of selling just glovebox doors & tiltes by making people thinking you can just swap gloveboxes on early broncos & go register it with no worries or consequences http://groups.msn.com/6677BroncoPartsForSale/ebframevinlocations.msnw http://www.broncodriver.com/stolen.html

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If you could help me I'm looking for a two barel Intake Manifold/Carb/EGR Spacer for 2bbl Intake manifold-
[/URL]

I have these parts for a 302; you can have them for free and pay for the shipping which I have no idea what that would cost. The carb needs a rebuild... :p

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
What the heck do all these hot-rodders you see on TV do? Boyd's is whipping out all kinds of rigs with all kinds of engines to get registered out there. That's a rough deal.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Those Hot Rod Shops have customers with $$$, they probably go to 'select-shops' where they are tested for emissions, but not held to the same "must be factory original. As well, I believe, most of the "preferred" hot rods are pre-smog laws of the early-mid 70s...in which case anything goes.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
There are new laws that SEMA has helped pass that allows builders of Hot Rods and Replica cars to avoid new CARB testing. I do not remember details, but I did just recently read this. It allows a new built old vehicle to be registrured as a new one. I believe there is something to do with emmisions also.