• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Ranger - At a Honda Dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-glove

Loc.
Los Angeles
NOT MINE, but thought it may be interesting for someone b/c it's at a Honda dealership and the people there know nothing about Broncos so it might be underpriced (or overpriced I guess). I'm a newbie, so it's hard for me to pull the trigger on this one....too risky.

I went and took a look at this yesterday. It's at the Airport Marina Honda dealership in West L.A. From what I could tell, here's what I saw:

- Stock 302 that the dealership says the previous owner "spent a lot of money" fixing/rebuilding recently.
- PS, PB, disks front
- Some sort of lift. Looked like 1" body and maybe 2-3" suspension. Suspension had mismatched shocks front/back. "Superlift?" front and I think ProComps on back.
- Paint: Looks like it was recently painted with crappy Maaco or home garage. Overspray and drips here and there. Actually looks ok from 10 feet away though.
- Lots of panels not lining up well....not sure what the problem is. Had newer looking body mounts on, so body shouldn't be bent from that? Also cracks here and there, but didn't look too bad.
- Rust: Because of the new paint it was hard for me to spot rust. From what I could tell, there didn't look like there was rust at rear tailgate, front windshield, inner front fenders, rockers, doorposts, etc. I crawled underneath and it didn't look like the floorpans were rusty or replaced. It has a new carpet kit with sound-deadening and stays, so I couldn't pull it up to look for rust.
- Doors did not have the weatherstipping on. However, there was a box in the back that had new weatherstipping, window felt kit, and windshield wipers. Weatherstipping everywhere else seemed ok.
- Hardtop seemed to be in decent shape.
- Missing chrome trim, badges
- According to dealer, all electricals work....but this remains to be seen.
- Smogging - They don't know when or if the last time it's been smogged. 76's need to be smogged in CA right? I told them that it needs to be smogged, but the used car manager said the DMV faxed them information that says it's only 30 years rolling so it doesn't need to be. I told them I don't believe that's the case. Since the seller's responsible for smogging in CA, I think if someone buys this and it needs to be smogged, it won't be that hard to get the dealership to foot whatever needs to be done.

The problem I had with it is that they have no information on it, and I'm too much of a newbie to figure this stuff out myself. Don't know when tranny, t-case, axles, brakes, engine, etc were rebuilt. Don't know if engine has been modified, what gears it's running, etc etc. I'm just not experienced enough at EB's yet to spot mechanical trouble areas. I didn't drive it b/c I already knew at $5,995 I didn't want to take a gamble on it. According to the used car manager, it starts right up and drives great. I told them I'd be interested in test-driving if they lowered it to $4,500 but they wouldn't take it.

Thought it may be right for one of you gurus out there though.

Here's the Craigslist Ad: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/1448750859.html

No photos there though. You need to go to the dealer website and do a search for Fords in their pre-owned section for the photos:
http://www.airportmarinahonda.com/preowned

Last edited:

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Is it just me, or does anybody else see in the head on shot and the tailgate shot that this thing looks like it's been tweaked/twisted? And what's with all the holes in the grill?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
The holes are for chrome trim. And the tailgate looks like it needs some adjustment. IMO not a bad rig for $4500-5k. Maybe low ball them and see if they bite. I'd be willing to bet they just want to get rid of it...

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Hate to nit pick any bronco, but that puke orange isn't doin' it for me. :p
Other than that, not bad for the $ (based solely on the pictures of course).

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
That dealer isn't far from me. I might go take a gander. Looks like someone put an Earl Scheib paintjob on it most likely to cover shit up.

Does it look like its leanin left to right?

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
That dealer isn't far from me. I might go take a gander. Looks like someone put an Earl Scheib paintjob on it most likely to cover shit up.

Yes it does. Non of the body pannels match up on the left side.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I don't think they did a cover up quicky paint job just to hide shit, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of making matching ugly ass seats.

I'm not disputing that el-crappo may be covered up though.

Last edited:

4X4Golfer

Loc.
LA,CA
that dealership is 10 minutes from where I am sitting right now, I'm gunna go down there at lunch and drive her around. If I can get them down to 5k flat and they deal with the smogging. And assuming the frame isnt bent, I might take this EB for myself

ncsubronc

Aside from the tailgate it doesnt look too bad, but I'd be suspicious of the "only 39,444 miles".

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Hmmmmm.... dealer just called me, said it sold... 4x4 Golfer... do you have some splainin to do?

OP
OP
the-glove

the-glove

Loc.
Los Angeles

When I was looking at it head on, it did look like it was leaning right.....but the ground was also uneven, so it was hard to tell for sure. And yup, a lot of the panels weren't lined up. This all scared me away b/c I can't tell what it takes to fix that stuff.

But it looks like someone snatched it up. If someone bought it....let us know how it turned out!

4X4Golfer

Loc.
LA,CA
It wasn't me!!!!! ;D
I had a busy day at work and just plain forgot about going to see it afterwards. I guess I missed it, not too worried though, EBs seem to be going up for sale everyday here in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.