• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1982 Fullsize bronco donor

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Would a 82 fullsize bronco be a good donor for eb upgrade parts....ie..
Axle/disk break parts, steering box, motor etc.etc

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
other than the engine and maybe transmission, front brake rotors/hubs and calipers the rear center section for its gears and a future upgrade to 31 spline rear axles nothing else is really good for swapping on that year. Yes people have used other parts it all depends on how badly you want it in your EB. Might check to see if it has a intermittant wiper switch thats a good canidate for a swap.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Front seats & belts, door mirrors, PW motors/regulators, factory underhood toolbox & reel light...

Only 1 part out of the steering box will work; most of the brake parts don't really fit; front axle - no way.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Front axle, only the Rotors
Rear axle, only if planning on full width
Steering box, only the worm
Engine, trans; depends on what is in it. Engine is maybe, transmission not likely, transfer case not (too wide)
Odds and ends, plenty. When I gutted an F150 of similer vintage I had a good stock of used parts (voltage regulator, starter solenoid, window crank handles, etc.). One of the better keeps was the U-joint U-bolts. That saved me at midnight on a Saturday night having those in the parts bin.

But most of the big stuff changed too much to be useful

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Cool..thanks for the info ..I found an old 82 and it probably is a cheap haul away ...so I figured id ask and see if it was worth my time...