• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 Fuel Filters an Issue?

ltcbutch

Loc.
Selma, AL
Pulled my rear tank out for inspection and cleaning. Happened to find an in line filter on main tank line about 2 inches prior to entering the fuel selector valve.

I had recently just put an in line filter under the hood coming into carb as I did not realize one was already in place underneath.

I have a 351W - Does two filters cause any issues with fuel flow with the stock tank and stock fuel sending unit setup? Is it good insurance against the rust in tank? Or is it just a waste?

Thanks.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
two filters will not cause a problem and yes it is good insurance stopping stuff before the valve and pump

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
I switched to an elec fuel pump when I did the explorer front serp. I run an inline filter on the tank side of the pump and another high micron filter under the hood pre-carb.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If your using a mechanical fuel pump, a filter ahead of the pump increases the problem of vapor lock. That's one place you don't want any chance of restriction. Also, what good is a second filter unless there is a second source of contamination?