• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel filters

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bumping this back up...

I need to go from 3/8 fuel hose down to the Ford 5/16 duck bill connector on my external fuel pump.

I am having no luck finding this connector... Ford has been useless unless I supply a number...

Picture below gives an example: 3/8" hose-From sending unit, to pre filter, then to pump which is set up for 5/16" (8mm) duckbill connector.

In looking back at my 20 year old Ford Motorsport harness installation book, I see two PNs:

N806187-S190 - which is a 5/16" duckbill connector that hooks up to 5/16" line. Online search results weren't very promising but it looks like Lawson products sells something similar:

https://www.lawsonproducts.com/lawson/Vehicle-Fluid-Line-Quick-Connectors/50059.lp

N806796-S190: which is what I think you're looking for. It appears to have the 5/16" duckbill connector on one end for your filter (or pump) and then a 3/8" barb on the other end for your fuel line. Again Lawson's description seems to indicate they have it as well:

https://www.lawsonproducts.com/lawson/Vehicle-Fluid-Line-Quick-Connectors/50060.lp

I bought these or similar connectors at the dealer when I did my EFI conversion 20 years ago and they're still going strong with EFI hose slipped over the barbed ends with EFI hose clamps for retainment.

As I recall, I tried to find replacements at the Ford dealer some years ago for some reason and the PNs from the Ford catalog mentioned above were obsolete and NLA. At least you now have some PNs from which to start your search.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Todd Z.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I did research last night as well Todd... :eek: Eyes are tired today..

I found the Lawson page too :)

5/16 duckbill to 5/16 barbed (8mm nylon line) is a Ford# FU2Z-9J274-A

And a Dorman #800-119 sounds promising as 5/16 duckbill to 3/8 barbed (10mm nylon line)

I will check out your links... Appreciate your efforts. Doug

Maybe this attachment will help the next guy...

Attachments

• Duckbill efi fuel connectors 001.jpg
    Duckbill efi fuel connectors 001.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 29

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Bumping this back up...

I need to go from 3/8 fuel hose down to the Ford 5/16 duck bill connector on my external fuel pump.

I am having no luck finding this connector... Ford has been useless unless I supply a number...

Picture below gives an example: 3/8" hose-From sending unit, to pre filter, then to pump which is set up for 5/16" (8mm) duckbill connector.

I used Russell Fuel Rail Fitting Adapters 640863 to go from the 5/16th fuel pump outlet to 3/8th SSB fuel line.

Tim