• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 to 1 exhaust with Heddman Headers

J.K. Francis

I can't seem to find a supplier out there that has this option in their exhaust systems.... Do you guys know what my best bet is?? Thanks, Jeff Francis, VA Beach, Va

OP
OP
J

J.K. Francis

Yeah, that's my plan "B" anyways..... I just thought it would be cheaper to buy the front section and get the muffler I want and weld it up.... I really want to do a 2 into 2 with a twin tailpipe like a Ford Lighting truck. Has anybody seen that done?? Thanks, Jeff - Va Beach

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I bought a bunch of mandrel bent U bends from summit racing and welded them myself. It still cost me almost $100 by the time I got the muffler and everything.

My local welding shop would probably do everything for somewhere between $100 and 175 delending upon how many tight spots you made them go through. The only reason I did what I wanted was I wanted the mandrel bends. The muffler shop is the way to go. A bronco is an easy install and they will probablyh take les than an hour to custom bend and weld everything.

ryan287

Loc.
Orange County, CA
I've had the set up like the picture above in which the driver's side exhaust wrapped behind the transfer case, but I think moving the cross tube forward to just behind the bell housing has the following advantages:
1.) I was able to fit in a larger (quieter) muffler
2.) the whole set up is moved farther forward keeping your muffler from being right above your real axle when you add in a "Y-pipe"
3.) I was able to add a cross bar below my frame for a traction bar because I don't have a body lift, and
4.) none of the exhaust is at the lowest point under center of the Bronco - I just don't like to see exhaust hanging under the middle of Broncos, and it is almost unavoidable when the tube wraps behind the transfer case in order to miss the driveshaft. That being said, my traction bar cross support needs some work, but the structural part isn't any lower than my transfer case.

And, even though I have a huge 24" Magnaflow, I'm still trying to find a way to make it quieter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ye84QYtaU

Just like the guys above, I had my exhaust welded at a local shop for under $200.

Attachments

• IMG_3386 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3386 (Copy).JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3387 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3387 (Copy).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3389 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3389 (Copy).JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3390 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3390 (Copy).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3392 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3392 (Copy).JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3396 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3396 (Copy).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3398 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3398 (Copy).JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 16

barronj

Bronco Guru
You guys with the cheap exhaust connections just drive me nuts!

I was cheaper over-all, and a substantially higher quality product, when I just bought my entire exhaust, headers to the muffler, from BC Broncos. I can't remember if it was $700 or $800 total, but it was the best exhaust decision I've made.

I started out with a set of ceramic coated long tubes, that I paid $150 for, and then I bought an exhaust system from LBC (or whatever) for $250 or $275, plus shipping. Then I took all of that to a nit wit at Meineke, who charged me $300 to weld it up, and did such a shitty job, I had to take it home & fix it myself. That's about $700 total, and I was only working with 1.5" headers, and 2.25" tubing, and turd mufflers.

Clearly, I had to do things twice to learn the lesson. Save your money, go BC Broncos.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
You guys with the cheap exhaust connections just drive me nuts!

I was cheaper over-all, and a substantially higher quality product, when I just bought my entire exhaust, headers to the muffler, from BC Broncos. I can't remember if it was $700 or $800 total, but it was the best exhaust decision I've made.

I started out with a set of ceramic coated long tubes, that I paid $150 for, and then I bought an exhaust system from LBC (or whatever) for $250 or $275, plus shipping. Then I took all of that to a nit wit at Meineke, who charged me $300 to weld it up, and did such a shitty job, I had to take it home & fix it myself. That's about $700 total, and I was only working with 1.5" headers, and 2.25" tubing, and turd mufflers.

Clearly, I had to do things twice to learn the lesson. Save your money, go BC Broncos.

I could build the same thing you got from scratch in my garage for less than a third of that. Id never spend 800 bucks on exhaust! I agree the dual pipes from BC's for 110 bucks is the best price by far, but they involve a bunch of clamped together pieces, and way to much pipe, and hang down too far from what ive seen and heard. Aluminized 2" pipe goes for $2.27 a foot, and $5.00 a bend.

I started a similar thread:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193063

Last edited: