• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

200 i6 efi install. Help, please.

Azad Lost

My first big question: where can I install the coolant temp sensor? Is there an unused port somewhere in the head? That would be ideal, but I can’t say I see one. Can I just “T” it in to the line going to my heater core? This would be less ideal, but it seems the flow is constant.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, some thermostat housings have a pipe plug that you can remove. Visit Fordsix.com for more info on your Ford six. Good luck

bmbm

200 efi

Yes on fordsix.com there are a couple of members currently discussing efi addition to the 200 six.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The heater nipple works. People do it all the time with the 5.0 engines.
In a perfect world there would be a continuous flow of water through the hose (open heat valve). In reality as long as you keep the sensor close (go low profile, not a mountain of adaptors) there is enough turbulence the water will make it up toward the sensor and the metal will conduct heat as well. It might read a few degrees low, but that won't affect anything in the tune.

That will work better than an after the thermostat coolant temps sensor. That will read the engine being cold as it warms up, and suddenly up to temp once the thermostat opens.