• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2010 Bronco

johnpaulgolf

Loc.
Savannah GA
Anybody have any info on the 2010 Bronco?

2010ford-bronco.jpg

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I'm wondering if GM is still going to build the Camaro. Anybody know?

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I don't think they ever put a year on the design. I saw it a few years ago and at the time it was never scheduled to be built, it was just mocked up get feedback and reviews

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
joe monroe told me the original concept design was nothing like that. he actually test drove the first concept and got it stuck.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The last i heard was Ford was going to build it off a new platform that was to replace the Ranger in 2009. That new platform has been delayed with no reschedule date. Chances are that we may never see it.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey jp, here's 2009 that may s-t-r-e-t-c-h into 2010!!!!;D ;D I'd bet on it being done before that new Ford version.:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN1401.JPG
    DSCN1401.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 49

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I don't see how Ford could justify building another "SUV" at this point. People are still freaked out from $5 gas and the economy is in the toilet.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
All I Gotta Say About These Matters Is Numerology Has Alot To Do With Certain Things.

Hmm...let's See...early Bronco Released In 1965 For The '66 Models. Fast Foward 50 Years Later To 2015-maybe, There Will Be Something Coming Out Then!!! You Think!!

I Hope!! By Then I'll Be Done Paying Off My F-150 And Get Myself The New Bronco...lol

Just A Thought About The Possible Release Of The Bronco. ;d

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I think Ford will build the Bronco and Chevy will build the Camaro. Reason is, new products are just about the only thing selling. They can't make enough new Challengers and the dealers are charging over sticker!

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I certainly hope you're right Blu... I'd buy a new Bronco if it was offered. other than the Mustang... no other US car mfg has anything that even remotely interests me.

I have a 02 Avalanche... just about paid off. I'll keep it until there is something else out there that's worthy. I'm not thrilled about the new Avalanches without the cladding... it's just a 4 door truck with a tonneau cover now. At least mine looks tough ;)

Everything is just lacking in uniqueness... the D--ge Nitro is only slightly intriguing... the Chargers seem like a 300 with a slight body change.

It's just frustrating that the US mfgs can't get their act in order

PotterFX4

Loc.
Parma, OH
Lets face it, Ford builds a few really good vehicles and 9 out of 10 are trucks/suv's and the 10th is the mustang.

I am ford born & raised but I am realistic...

daduze2

Loc.
Central IL
I think the Bronco would sell better than that RAPTOR that supposedly got the green light......make it simple, gas friendly, and a decent 4x4 under 15 grand.....don't tell me they can't do it! Mechanical windows and locks....with a removable top and doors. They put too many gadgets in cars these days....electric everything....push a button it starts....push a button the doors open......push a button it wipes your ass!

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I think the Bronco would sell better than that RAPTOR that supposedly got the green light......make it simple, gas friendly, and a decent 4x4 under 15 grand.....don't tell me they can't do it!

It is impossible to deliver what you just stated above.

A new Kia spectra costs $14,200 and that's just a car, their bottom of the line 4x4 (Sportage) starts at $20K. I don't think anyone would consider that a decent 4x4...not to mention it's built completely overseas at cheap labor rates.

The Raptor is a no compromise off-road machine. I'm glad Ford's building it. It's not meant as a high volume vehicle and it's completely badass. I don't think you'd be seeing a Sportage finishing the Baja1000.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I also think that if they are to bring the Bronco back, then they will probably stop production of one of their model vehicles. I know that FORD isn't manufacturing the Excursion-too much truck, not enough buyers.

I'm pretty sure they'll get the Bronco out there again for a few years, similar to the Thunderbird!! :cool:

OP
OP
johnpaulgolf

johnpaulgolf

Loc.
Savannah GA
From what I read It was supposed to be very simple no frills and very capable solid axle front and very affordable...twin turbo deisel 4cyl ...blah blah blah ;D

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
The car companies-Ford included-are in dire staights. They been livin' high and mighty for alooong time. I don't want to see any of them go but I'm sure they are tightening the belt and putting all new designs on hold until after this crisis is over.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
That is why they need to build it. remember Chrysler in the early 80's? The van craze was long over but what did Iaccoca do? brought in a mini van. saved chrysler because of it too. They need to pump some new life into the mainstream, something that gets people excited. I'll buy one when they come out, not the original, but a new mustang isn't either and i'd be happy to have one of those.