• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2012 Arizona Classic Bronocs Stampede Photo/Video Thread

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Well... Yeah!!!!

Anyone got a pic of the campground Saturday afternoon, showing all the campers?

OK...here we go! After a fun night at the steakhouse and campfire with Curt went home and got a few hours sleep.... got up early, mom made me biscuits and gravy and I went down to the event to see when the photo shoot was going to start. I saw a few vehicles getting lined up and headed down........

I climbed up the embankment and snapped some pictures while everyone was getting situated....

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

Getting the perch all set up

IMG_4801.jpg

Onlooker checking out Motoman's Bronco ;D

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

I took many photos of people and their Broncos while they were waiting to move up....

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

Brad with the airbags pumped up ;D

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

Mmmmmm.........:eek:

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Here's my first pano of the photoshoot

StampedePhotoShoot_1024.jpg

Linky to full rez~

This pano was taken from atop the ladder. The photographer asked if any of us want him to take pictures from up there... I was one of the lucky few. I was the hand off guy for everyone's camera to the photographer

StampedePhotoShoot2_1024.jpg

Linky to full rez~

and then everyone heading back to camp......

IMG_4842.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Back at camp I was delighted to see my girls had arrived (Christa, Jenna and Martini).... we had talked to a few people about a nice family run for Saturday. We knew the weather may come in fast so had the girls pack for colder weather. Before we left the wind had started so we took the tops off of the easy ups while we were away for the day.

There was quite a bit of interest in our choice of trails for the day. Maggie Mine, Turkey Creek, Black Canyon Trail into Cleator. We thought initially we would have about 5 Broncos, but it turned into a huge run with 15 or so vehicles, Jeep, Broncos and full sizes!!! Yeehaw!

Casey and I took a minute and threw the Broncos up on the ramp

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

The infinite line of rigs for the family run! ;D

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

Maggie Mine road

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

We made our way down into Turkey Creek when one of the full sizes broke the centering pin on the rear axle. A small group stayed back with them to get em out and the rest regrouped on the ridgeline for some conversation.....

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

Martini enjoying the break

IMG_4863.jpg

A little fender racing....

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

Once regrouped we made our way through many mining claims

IMG_4869.jpg

Enjoying the view

IMG_4870.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The next fun spot on Black Canyon Trail is the squeeze.... even with a spotter it's a little un-nerving!

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

Buster enjoying the ride!

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

Steve with a little more lean than he's used too! ;)

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

The girls were keeping themselves occupied skipping rocks while the boys were getting through the squeeze

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

Spectators.........

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

Mr Rags

Contributor
Did anyone else catch the Ford GT that came to check us out. I wish I had a photo of it. A high dollar super car parked in the dirt with a bunch of broncos, it was pretty cool.

Yes, post day three Greg! I want to see more of your video work as well.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Did anyone else catch the Ford GT that came to check us out. I wish I had a photo of it. A high dollar super car parked in the dirt with a bunch of broncos, it was pretty cool.

Yes I saw it! WOW! I went running for my camera and by the time I got back he was pulling out on the road! Wow it sounded nice! But no picture! :(

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Did anyone else catch the Ford GT that came to check us out. I wish I had a photo of it. A high dollar super car parked in the dirt with a bunch of broncos

I saw it. Sure sounded nice when it took off! Cool to see someone actually driving one, and in the dirt no less!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
After the squeeze we worked our way up the trail.... we had one flat tire on Curt's, besides that a nice cruise into Cleator.

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

Wupper checking out my parking spot!! ;D

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

PB got him some new (to him) 35" tires over night and came up to meet us in Cleator.

IMG_4921.jpg

Taad's wupper!

IMG_4928.jpg

Well rounded group for the day!

IMG_4929.jpg

Moto, PB, and Taad

IMG_4931.jpg

My daughter and I

IMG_4932.jpg

Christa and Jackie

IMG_4933.jpg

LeAnn and me...

IMG_4934.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Uncharacteristic of me I did not take any pictures during dinner or the raffle. I have to say the BBQ dinner was delicious and the raffle outstanding. I am bummed cause I didn't win anything. Tim gave me $20 for him and I put him in for the Barbie Camper and he didn't win! That would have been awesome!!

The weather started rolling in during the raffle. We all helped tear down the awnings after..... headed back to camp to clean out the Bronco after a long day on the trail and prep it for Sunday. Jenna and Christa headed out. I met up with the Martin's, Mykl, Aurelio and PB for some after hours beverages....... we checked out Don and Tim Martin's new buggy! SICK MACHINE! Hopefully we will see it perform soon at the Game and Fish Expo as I got him in for the show. Steve_70, Don and I will be doing rock crawling exhibition at the 2012 Game and Fish Expo March 31-April 1...come awn out!!!

Well as we were all conversing PB got a call from his mom that her and my mom were in the 1968 VM bug on the ramp!!! HAHAHAHA Love our moms..... we got in the trucks and headed over to the ramp to get some pictures but she had already drove off! We stayed on the ramps for awhile sharing stories and kindling new and old friendships!

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

End of Day 3.......:cool:

Bituman

Loc.
Phoenix Mtn Preserve
Another great Stampede. I feel kinda lucky I had a blowout on I-10 on the way up luckily no cars around me as I veered across 3 lanes. Got into PHX and 4wh parts without further issue but did have to buy set of tires unfortunetly not in the size I really wanted. So it was kind of a expensive trip up. But I thank dgold_881 (Darin) for all his help. Also want to thank all the venders. I won a $50 JBG gift certificate, a set of door weather striping and a set of driving lights. Almost figured it would be my dumb luck to win a set of tires since I had just purchased new ones but that didnt happen. guess it was a good thing as the bronco was packed up. Also want to thank Bituman for the great deal on the parts and 70 steve for the manifold it was good to see your bronco up and running again.
Didnt get a lot of pic still havent pulled the camera out of the bronco to download them but heres sunday pic during a snow storm.

Sure enjoyed meeting and visiting with you Jody. My first time around that many EB's. But now I got the bug to get another Bronco, one for town, one for trail. The boss even suggested that might be a good idea.

Bob aka Bituman

Edit: forgot to say my fav Bronco was the gorgeous blue half cab, great job on that rig.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19

broncnaz

Bronco Guru

Yep it was nice. Didnt really think to get pics of it. Supposedly it was hopped up to 950hp guy drove up in it then he jumped in a lifted superduty and let his young daughter drive the GT. We were suprised that she got on it a little.

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

Great videos Jim and Kealani! Wish I would have gotten a chance to wheel with you! Looks like you guys had a great trip. How old is Kealani? My daughter is 12 and this last year I started letting her drive alone in the truck and she's doing well. We haven't done the rocks yet but hopefully that's coming soon! ;D

Thanks again everyone for posting up!

Last edited: