• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

21st Century upgrade project - 7" DVD/Navi

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
For me - no trimming needed. I have a small gap around the sides that a trim ring will cover. The provided trim ring is too large so I'll either need to live with the gap or modify the current ring to fit.

Cool cool.

I almost forgot to ask the most important question for you guys that have had the unit installed for a while.

How is the radio reception and sound quality (assuming you have a good antennae and speakers)?

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
Radio reception is about normal. Not better or worse than most other radios I have owned.

As for sound, I have mine installed in a 1996 Explorer with stock speakers. I'm not 100% convienced that I don't have everything wired up right. This thing seems to get real loud real quick, but I think it may be because I may be running the speaker outputs in to a factory amplifier. Someday I will need to look in to that. Because I am not sure about that situation I will refrain from commenting about a few other audiable issues I am having until I check in to it further.

The one thing I am dissapointed in is the total lake of a manual for this unit. Nothing! NADA! Not even a mention of "go to this web site" to download a manual. I couldn't even figure out he manufactures name to attempt to go to their web site and see if there is a manual.

Don't get me wrong, you are getting one hell of allot of features for $300.00. You would have to spend a hallaof allot more to get these types of features from one of the big name stero companies. Probably at least twice.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Bronchole I figured out how to change the icon!

I also got a manual with mine, it's not great but it's not terrible.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Pics of my backup camera as requested.

beqasebe.jpg

jbregar

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
I'm installing a double-DIN in mine as well... except I had a custom faceplate made to fit a Wild Horses "Tunnel Cover Cubby" (http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/TunnelCoverCubby/Bronco_Storage) that I had painted to match my dash (and body) color.

My backup camera is a Sony XA-R800C and the headunit is a Pioneer AVH-4400BH (I think). The backup camera is mounted in the wheel center hole on the spare tire rack which is a good height to get a good rear view. You don't want them too low.