• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

23 Gal Tank Potential Mass Buy!!!

Roll Call for 23 gal tank (Aero Tanks)

• Basic 23 gal Tank

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Basic 23 gal Tank w/ skid plate

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • 23 gal Tank Setup for in-tank Pump

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 23 gal Tank Setup for in-tank Pump w/ skid plate

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I would be interested and would also be interested in local pickup or shipping to San Diego.

Will they also offer us a discount on the auxiliary tank?

If this goes down, you can pick up from my house in san bernardino or have it shipped. and will check on the Aux tank for ya

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
Aero tank

I might be interested. What are the dimensions and would they hang down any lower that any of the other 23 gal. tanks?

I installed one in the fall of '08. They hang down as low as the stock skid plate. You won't need a skid plate with the Aero tank. These things are STOUT! You could stand the whole truck on one of these tanks.

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I installed one in the fall of '08. They hang down as low as the stock skid plate. You won't need a skid plate with the Aero tank. These things are STOUT! You could stand the whole truck on one of these tanks.

they had a tank in the shop that can off a heep and it looked like it took a hell of a beating w/o the skid plate... so I agee with you on these being stout!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aero does offer a skid plate option though, for those that want that much more protection. It's an extra plate welded to the bottom. The ones you've seen that have taken a lot of abuse might just have had that option too, so make sure before you opt out of that choice.
I got it on mine, but will probably never try it out like many of you will with yours!

Paul

cougarmandan

Loc.
Bonanza, AR
I am interested in the mass buy and where I work can be a shipping point for anyone interested in the Fort Smith, Arkansas area.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey 4xfloored, not that you don't have enough to do already, but it seems there are a lot of interested parties from parts East that might benefit from another tack.
Maybe give BC Broncos a call too and see if they'd be interested in discounting their tank slightly, if there are several members buying?
Chuck and Jason are members here too, so you might not even have to call. Yes, theirs are more expensive to start with, but it's a real piece of work and has all the bells-whistles most would need.
If there is a little wiggle room in his pricing for a volume buy, and the shipping is less because he's closer to the others (being in the Great State of Texas and all), it might just be worth it for the others that might not join in due to the shipping.

Whaddya think?

Paul

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Might not be a bad idea, I knew Chuck and Jason when they where 20 min from my house up in Hesperia, I will give them a call and talk to either of them for the folks out east..

Hey 4xfloored, not that you don't have enough to do already, but it seems there are a lot of interested parties from parts East that might benefit from another tack.
Maybe give BC Broncos a call too and see if they'd be interested in discounting their tank slightly, if there are several members buying?
Chuck and Jason are members here too, so you might not even have to call. Yes, theirs are more expensive to start with, but it's a real piece of work and has all the bells-whistles most would need.
If there is a little wiggle room in his pricing for a volume buy, and the shipping is less because he's closer to the others (being in the Great State of Texas and all), it might just be worth it for the others that might not join in due to the shipping.

Whaddya think?

Paul

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I might be interested. What are the dimensions and would they hang down any lower that any of the other 23 gal. tanks?

The dimensions are 14.5" Deep 22" wide ( side to side)
The Departure Angle is 7.5" and angles up 3" from the bottom of the Tank

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I'm in if we can make this thing happen. Fed Ex Ground seems to be the lease expensive for me. Willl the vendor work with other shippers?? Jeff - Va Beach, VA

The Vendor will work with other shippers however, you will need to set up the arrangments with FedEx for Pick up and Delievery

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I would be interested and would also be interested in local pickup or shipping to San Diego.

Will they also offer us a discount on the auxiliary tank?

You can pick up here at my house, and as for the Aux. Tank (11gallons) the regular price is $225.00, if we hit our goal the discounted price will be $179.00
plus the price of the sending unit of $38.00

zerostar2410

Contributor
what are some of the beenfits to having an intank pump setup? are they only for EFI setups? also, will they allow for pickup? not sure if that got answered or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
what are some of the beenfits to having an intank pump setup? are they only for EFI setups? also, will they allow for pickup? not sure if that got answered or not.

does not have to be EFI, its a big debate what is better, the benifit is said to be that the pump stays cooler, but the advantage of the pump on the outside of the tank is that it can be replaced without dropping the tank.. maybe more will chime on on the subject..;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the opportunity, already hooked up though, but definitely not for that price.. :(

cougarmandan

Loc.
Bonanza, AR
I will call tomorrow. I was curious if they will charge our credit card right away or if they will wait to make sure we have 5 or do they just wait until they ship. I was going to buy a 4x4x2 setup and timing was somewhat important, but BC came and bought them all so I guess it doesn't matter now.

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I will call tomorrow. I was curious if they will charge our credit card right away or if they will wait to make sure we have 5 or do they just wait until they ship. I was going to buy a 4x4x2 setup and timing was somewhat important, but BC came and bought them all so I guess it doesn't matter now.

forgive me I did not get that kind of information, I however don't think we will have a problem hitting that # as over 34 bronco brothers chimed in on the poll will interest in the tanks...;)