• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

300 six

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Check out my build thread, http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97476 I am working on one right now.
There have been several and there are mods that must be made. I started with a bare frame and am building from the ground up around the 300.
Do a search here for 300 six and you should find several threads on this install.
There was also an artical in Bronco Driver on a 300 swap.

DogDiesel

Loc.
Lunenburg
Son's Bronco

My son's Bronco project is a 1966 with I-6 (170 CI).
Has 59K, but beyond a rust bucket. Have another rust free frame and body.
We have a 240 CI that has serpentine brackets & PS.
Should be nice.
Wayne

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My son's Bronco project is a 1966 with I-6 (170 CI).
Has 59K, but beyond a rust bucket. Have another rust free frame and body.
We have a 240 CI that has serpentine brackets & PS.
Should be nice.
Wayne

The 240 is the same basic engine as the 300.
But if you found a 250, that is the same engine familey as the 170/200
www.fordsix.com

broncosam

Bronco Guru
It is one of the best engines Ford ever built. Good power and lots of torque.

psbronco

Loc.
Ft. Collins CO
I am actually in the final assembly stage of completing this swap, I used a '90 300 with EFI. The biggest issue I ran into was the length of the engine, keep in mind I did a lot of other modifications at the same time (front axle 5" forward, doubler, etc). To get the 300 to fit I built new motor towers to mount the engine on, removed the front clip and built a tube front and "massaged" the center of the firewall some with a BFH. I have a bunch of pics of the install if you're interested in seeing anything in particular

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
I am actually in the final assembly stage of completing this swap, I used a '90 300 with EFI. The biggest issue I ran into was the length of the engine, keep in mind I did a lot of other modifications at the same time (front axle 5" forward, doubler, etc). To get the 300 to fit I built new motor towers to mount the engine on, removed the front clip and built a tube front and "massaged" the center of the firewall some with a BFH. I have a bunch of pics of the install if you're interested in seeing anything in particular

I would like a picture of the firewall "modification"
I was considering this swap along with some others.

psbronco

Loc.
Ft. Collins CO
Alright got my contributor status back so here are some pics
The first is the hole I had to cut into the firewall, you can see the engine sticking through. The second pic is the extention in place and test fitting the heater. The last pic is the finished product I came up with. The extension to fit the engine is about 3" inside the cab. As a result of doing this I had to move the heater all the way over to the pass. side which then resulted in having to cut down the glove box for the dash to fit. Knowing what I know now I would have either tossed the heater altogether (not the best option for Colorado winters) or gotten an after market one like the mohave.

Attachments

• firewall1.jpg
    firewall1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 34
  • firewall2.jpg
    firewall2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 28
  • firewall3.jpg
    firewall3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 36