• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

31"/33" Cut With No Lift

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
my 69 has 31's with no lift, from what i see i can put 33"s on there with no problems but it just doesnt look like they will fit. I have flares front and back but im just not sure. what if i put 1 or 2" wheel spacers on to widen the stance until i do the fw swap in the spring? im really trying to get 35's with the least amount of lift on it for running through the mud. but 33's for the winter would be nice.
broncos-1.jpg

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I had 33s (34X10.50X16s) on mine with worn out suspension and a 2 inch body lift. I think it acually worked out to less than an inch with the sagging suspension. They fit fine, but the suspension kept bottoming out, so travel was somewhat limited.

I think I rember reading 33s fit fin as long as you didn't mind doing a lot of trimming.

There is a picure or two of the 33s before the lift in my gallery. They really filled up the fenders but obviously I had plenty more fender to trim.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
oh yea big hoov runs Q78/15s which are almost 35" with out a lot of lift.

Sweathog

Loc.
Lansing
33's would be tight but should work as long as you don't have a lot of flex. I just stuffed 35's w/2" Duff coils and blocks in the rear. The tires rub the fiberglass flares just a bit.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
35"s can be done with no body or suspension lift, if you're willing to cut and modifiy enough. I had 35" x 12.50" on 10 x 15 rims, 3.5" backspace on mine with the only rub being on the radius arms at full lock. Gorilla warflares at the body line and stretch of the wheel tubs front and rear. Some pics in my gallery. I have rebuilt the suspension, with 3.5" lift since the pics, to gain articulation. Since the tires cleared without the lift I didn't extend the bumpstops.

abrush

Loc.
Springfield, NE
I currently run 33x12.50x15's on mine and have no troubles. My fenders are cut though. I actually have enough room that I could easily run 35's.

OP
OP
J

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
mine is cut for the flares front and back but it looks like it would be a tight fit either way just not sure

matt w

Bronco Guru
I had 31's on my stock 73.
I put 33's on my 8 inch wide rims. They worked "ok" on the street BUT I could not turn out of my driveway because they hit on the inner fenders. I did not want to cut any of the original metal.

I have installed a 3 1/2 inch lift with the 33's it looks way cool and like a whole different truck. I hope it is not too high I wondered if a 2 1/2 would have been better but oh well it is done. I am not worried at all about rubbin rubber on the body anymore.

Oh well...for me I am not sure how you will be able to run a trail without cutting a bit or raising it up at least 2 inches.

My .02 cents worth!

OP
OP
J

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
no real trail riding i go through mud. light and i mean light trails nothing i couldnt do with it stock. i just could use some more ground clearance for rocks and stuff in the mud hole.