• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

33x9.5x15 BFG all terrain tires ordered today

broncohalfcab

I ordered 5 tires from Tire Rack today:) Bad news is they are on back order?:?

This is a call for other members to get some on order so they can make more;D

Kurt

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
They have been backordered for a looooooong time

Years and years and years... Supposedly BFG doesn't make them anymore. Did you have to pay up front? If not, I'll order some too(just in case);)

OP
OP
B

broncohalfcab

Tire Rack called and left a message it could take up to 6 weeks. So ya-all start ordering! Well, if nothing happens in 3 weeks or so I will ask for the refund back. Yes, one pays in full online ahead of time.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
ouch. i hope that saddleup feller did not take a job at Tire Rack!

(just being a smartass- but seriously, I really i hope they started making these again. i'll get in line to order if that's the case)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Been hard to get about any BFG tire. I liked the 33x9.50's MT's when I had them did find them to feel a little tippy offroad but they were fine on road. I stepped up to the 10.50's mainly due to the fact I run a lot of sand and the 9.50's like to dig fast. Now I have 12.50's becauses I had to get tires because of a blow out and no one had the 10.50's they were back ordered just like the 9.50's. I got lucky and scored the only set of BFG KM2's 4wh parts had in PHX. Also didnt hurt that my friend had a wholesale account with them.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad I only live 1.5 hrs from Tire Rack !
I've been wanting to run the 9.5's also.
X2 on all of the BFG backorders for awhile now , WTF?

OP
OP
B

broncohalfcab

Shipping was $122 from the Indiana wharehouse for 5 tires. I have an uncut body so I opted for the 9.5s x 33s.

OP
OP
B

broncohalfcab

This is the look I'm after. This is not my bronco, wish it was:)

Attachments

• red full top lifted bronco.jpg
    red full top lifted bronco.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 191

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the look of a 12.5 , but for on-road , I hate pushing that wide of a tire around . They seem to grab at every little puddle , not to mention how easily they lift in water also.

If I were off roading much any more , 12.5 all the way.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AHEM check my ad in the Classifieds. Got a brand new pair with rims for sale.

I'm certain shipping would kill me ... now if they were on slots , I'd take'em !

Really ought give at least a starting price ....

Normal I wouldn't give a thought to the actual age of the tires , but my BFG's were purchased around 1996 and still look perfect , no dry rot , still have the casting nubs on them also .... they sat for around ten years (indoors) when I wasn't working on the Bronco.
They roll out OK , but I break traction EASY at the slightest bit of moisture. They are probably too stiff now.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'v been waiting on the 33x9:50's also, I need a new set. I contacted BFG and they said they are going to make more but do not have a set time when. Contact there customer support department and let them know we are waiting.

chandaman_05

Loc.
Provo, Utah
I'm certain shipping would kill me ... now if they were on slots , I'd take'em !

Really ought give at least a starting price ....

Normal I wouldn't give a thought to the actual age of the tires , but my BFG's were purchased around 1996 and still look perfect , no dry rot , still have the casting nubs on them also .... they sat for around ten years (indoors) when I wasn't working on the Bronco.
They roll out OK , but I break traction EASY at the slightest bit of moisture. They are probably too stiff now.

Mine are on Mickey Thompson Classic II's. I'm looking to get 1000 out of them since they're over 1200 for a new set plus mounting and balancing fees.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
looks like you better pick a different tire size! I have always loved my BFG all terrains and get at least 50,000 miles on them! So stay with the BFG's just find another size.

Adarcy

interco makes a sweet 32x9.50 as an alternative. I think they are pricey though?