• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

35 spline Yukons arrived

Broncobowsher

Total hack
They made a mistake

They were suppose to be shipped to me and billed to you.
Call them up and get this straightened out right away.;)

stlkikn

Those are very nice Malcolm... I did contemplate not calling you when they arrived last week, but figured you'd remember ordering them...

And somehow, they just look soooo much more impressive in person!

OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
They are more impressive in person - very beefy.

The splines look cut though, I thought they advertised them as rolled... Somehow I doubt these will be a failure point! :D

Drew, trade you your bumpers back for one of those high pinion 44 housings? ;)

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Yukons are not the same junk they used to be. I ran them all last year. I do not run them in the front, due to earlier production yoke stretching issues. Moser would have my buisiness if I did not get F@#$%& years ago by their dead soft 44 shafts that they did not stand behind:mad:

The Yukon 35 spline rears are pretty nice!

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
As many Yukon's as Ive seen break, you would think they are made of Afghan mud. Now I 'm not saying that the 35 spline rears won't be stout so don't get discouraged.

OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
My (used) front end I bought has Superiors and CTM's, however Superior doesn't make 35 spline 9" axles anymore. I wanted 4340, heat treated, and preferably rolled splines.

Currie cuts theirs from blanks, no warranty other than a discount on a new one if you break one; the rep. didn't know about heat treating

Mosers, Alloy USA, etc were too long to get a large enough order together and/or shipped up to my retailer here.

Yukons were available locally and quickly, and (rear shafts) have a 5 year replacement warranty. I recall them advertised as 4340, heat treated and cold rolled, mine look cut but I'm no expert: my metallurgical trained brother says most cut fine splines will still be well within the hardened depth. I'll take some close ups.

Mine came with new bearings with integral seal and plated retaining plates.

Drew, did you press the bearings on or were they delivered on the axles?

Recko555

As many Yukon's as Ive seen break, you would think they are made of Afghan mud. Now I 'm not saying that the 35 spline rears won't be stout so don't get discouraged.

How many have you seen break and what conditions?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
As many Yukon's as Ive seen break, you would think they are made of Afghan mud.

Come 'on. I'm smelling bs. Let's hear more.
Are we talking front axles? Rear 31 splines? Rear 35's? Ujoints? Easy to bash with a broad claim and say no more. How many? One?

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
How many have you seen break and what conditions?
Conditions were pretty extreme, I will admit...I never did say "not" to buy them. What I am saying that the percentages of accounts of broken shafts seemed to be mostly Yukon..With that said, I did not say I would not buy a Yukon product but I will weigh other options for My personal rig. To each their own. :)

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
Come 'on. I'm smelling bs. Let's hear more.
Are we talking front axles? Rear 31 splines? Rear 35's? Ujoints? Easy to bash with a broad claim and say no more. How many? One?
3 weekends ago in De Leon Tx, a total of 4 D44 stub shafts and 3 of them were Yukon and 1 was Alloy USA.......Also as a added note, this is just a small opinion and I do not want anyone to hate me over it, please.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
3 weekends ago in De Leon Tx, a total of 4 D44 stub shafts and 3 of them were Yukon and 1 was Alloy USA.......Also as a added note, this is just a small opinion and I do not want anyone to hate me over it, please.

No hate ever for a Bronco Brother. ;) My keyboard hides my happy face.

I think the popularity of the Yukons contributes to what only seems to be a disproportionate failure rate.