• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 Cleveland guys, help...

zbronc

OK so i decided to give in and go auto on my Bronco racer.
I am running a 70 351C that WAS bolted up to a c4 2WD mustang 2.
I've been running the motor bolted up to a stock 3spd using a 164 tooth flywheel with no problems. It was the stock flywheel out of a 302 powered Bronco.
I had saved the FLEXPLATE out of the mustang 2 setup and planned on using it to do my auto swap but NOOOO....the stang had a 157 tooth/10.5 inch bolt pattern flexplate.

Is a 164 tooth/11-7/16th FLEXPLATE what i need to match up to a 75 Bronco c4 on the CLEVELAND motor?
I'm confused...need help....the dark side is....need help...please

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
The cleveland will use whatever a 302 or 351w would use with an automatic. Its all interchangeable. My flywheel is only a 10" because I grabbed the wrong one at the junkyard years ago. But it still works fine, so I havent bothered to change it.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You are correct you need the 164 tooth flexplate bolt pattern depends on the torque converter you need to verify that before getting a flexplate.unless you dont have the torque converter either then you can order the torque converter for the flexplate that you order, Or if you still have the mustang C-4 you could swap out the bellhousings so you could use the 157 tooth flexplate and torque converter.

OP
OP
zbronc

zbronc

Thanks for the replies...
Luckily i haven't ordered my torque converter yet... Looks like i've got to get a 164 flexplate and 11 7/16th bolt pattern torque converter. Am i correct in saying that the 157 and 164 will still be the same balance?
Does that cover it or am i forgetting anything?

If it wasn't for classicbroncos.com this build might not of happened.
I can't thank you guys and girls enough!!!

OP
OP
zbronc

zbronc

Are the Clevelands 28oz also? I believe they are but just wondering if there were any oddballs out there.