• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 cobra jet

blown86hallet

Hello all

I'm need some help?? i know big blocks so I need some help with this engine I found..

I think its a 351 cobra jet?? Not sure.. Complete engine, been in a garage for years..

Block id# D2AE-ca
Head id# 9K25.

If anyone could please tell me something about this engine, what is it? What's it's value?? I'm going to purchase it with an aftermarket alumi intake and FMX trans..

Please let me know if it's worth it??? If anyone is interested in it let me know

thanks

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
That is a 351C4V. Is it complete? It would have open chamber 4V heads
There is value in it to those who want it.

Look on the front face of the block for a manufacture date which would tell yo alot more. It will be stamp on the flat face of the block where the timiong cover mounts to. If you find it post it here and I'll tell you it's birthdate.
D2AE-CA is the blocks I have and I also have some with D0AE-CA which came with the quench 351C4V heads. The D2** blocks were the 351 HOs and CobraJets.

Does it look like this?

OP
OP
blown86hallet

blown86hallet

Madgyver said:
That is a 351C4V. Is it complete? It would have open chamber 4V heads
There is value in it to those who want it.

Look on the front face of the block for a manufacture date which would tell yo alot more. It will be stamp on the flat face of the block where the timiong cover mounts to. If you find it post it here and I'll tell you it's birthdate.
D2AE-CA is the blocks I have and I also have some with D0AE-CA which came with the quench 351C4V heads. The D2** blocks were the 351 HOs and CobraJets.

Does it look like this?

Thanks for the reply!!!!

Yes the engine does look like the one on your post, just not a nice. Along with the complete engine and FMX trans I will get two sets of rods and pistions. He wants $500 dollars for all of it!! Good deal or not??

thanks

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'd offer $400 for it if I needed it.

It all depends on your purpose for the engine...

If it's for your EB than try and find a Windsor, They may be cheaper and is almost an easy drop in. Not trying the discourage you but there is a difference on the install.
The Cleveland takes more work but can be done..follow my posts as in firing one up soon in a 77.

Welcome to this site!!

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
Whoa, hold the phone! "9K25" for head ID? Look in the corners of the heads, see if there is a "2", a "4" or nothing. 9K25 is the casting date, and adds up to 10/25/79 - sounds like someone bolted some 351M/400 heads on an early block. Double check the corners to make sure though. If it is a CJ block, there's a good chance it's a 4 bolt main unit, but not a 100% given. The 351C pretty much used that D2 block with 2 and 4 bolts; same casting number, but just machined for the 4 bolt caps on some.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds like a 351C HO nothing bad about it except for the heads might be a good pickup but I'd also try to get it for less you could alway sell it to the mustang crowd someone is always looking for C engines and cetain date codes.

OP
OP
blown86hallet

blown86hallet

I know it's a 4-bolt block I seen the caps, the heads have the big block canted valve design huge intake and exhaust ports for a small block, almost looked like a big block???. I'll have to look again at all the casting numbers.

I do remember there were alot of XXX YYYY in the oil galley of the block??

I'm not going to do anything with this engine except sell it to someone who really wants a Cleveland?

I'm in the process of building a 1471 blown 632 bbf for the boat.
I just ran into this engine and want to get it away from the owner and get into the hands of someone who can really use it!!!

thanks again guy's!!!

cheers

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
The Xs and Ys thing is something Ford did to add strength to certain areas of the block, at least that is the common belief. All the 351Cs I've seen have those. If it turns out to have 2V heads, let me know what kind of aluminum intake is on it. I'd love to have that block too, but my parts packratting has to stop. Plus the house payment is due.;)