• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 drop in

cvbfireman

well just finished on day 2 of the project.. got the engine in motor mounts in place... tomorrow i need to tackle the headers... im hoping tomorrow night will be time to start and run it... it has 1 chamber flows on it and with the 302 it sounded crazy.... the neighbors are going to flip when i have to break the cam in for 20 minutes at fire up...... ill post some pics with it in tomorrow but heres some from yesterday

df7c2122.jpg

707cf64d.jpg

265aae81.jpg

image-4.jpg

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'm doing the same exact thing right now. Got the heavy lifting done this weekend and have been doing wiring, valve lash, exhaust, and accessories this week. Hopefully I'll get it fired up this weekend. I had to remove my master cylinder brake lines to get the headers and dipstick in. I'll need to re-do/re-route them before getting to actually drive it :mad:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thats a sweet lookin 351 and a mean lookin Cheby you got there.Ready to see more pic's.:cool:

Gene

OP
OP
C

cvbfireman

Thats a sweet lookin 351 and a mean lookin Cheby you got there.Ready to see more pic's.:cool:

Gene

thanks thats my other baby... spent way to much $$ on that but the engine is awesome.... got almost everything in... just need to do the spark plug wires and thats about it maybe a few other little things... will be running tomorrow morning.. headers were kinda a bitch but i ended up getting them...

OH YEAH!! still need to cut the hood that should be fun... luckily theres already a scoop on it that should be pretty easy... also need to shine the carb and put the bigger filter on... but im going to get it running first

IMG_1995.jpg

14b0ccf3.jpg

db411db7.jpg

f914256b.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Nice work and I like the color of both your rides.You also have my two favorite tools lyin there on that fender well(BFH AND A CROWBAR)LOL.;D