• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 efi trouble

kenhoop

Question? Ok so i just got a 92 bronco with 351 and like 150,000 miles on it. It starts up n runs great in park or idle, but as soon as i put a load on the motor, like driving down the road, it acts as if the fuel filter is clogged. If i floor it it will jump up and go fine, but just cruising it misses and sounds like crap. First thing i did was change plugs n wires and cap and rotor, new fuel pump and filter, found some vaccum leaks n fixed them, but nothing still runs the same...
Checked eec-iv code reader, no major problems, only some emmissions codes as im not running the egr or smog pump.
Anyone have any ideas as to what could b causing this?

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Altho many have EFI in their Early (classic) broncos and some EFI experts here, may find more help at Fullsizebronco.com. Not trying to run you off, but jus' sayin'. Good luck!

66fora69er

Contributor
Sounds like what was going on with mine. Check and double check the timing. Was the dizzy ever pulled for any reason. check the correct install and location of the stator in the dizzy. Once i got my timing and dizzy straight it ran like a top. With the timing off it did what you described. if I gave it enough gas I could get it to go. timing is the first thing I'd check. good luck