• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 w out of 79 ltd

74LIFE

Loc.
rolling prairie,ind
My buddy gave me a 351 w out of a79 ltd, 70,000 miles on it. It ran strong before we pulled out lastnight, looking at the oil pan it has two drain plugs in it. It looks like one that is needed for bronco and also the one summit sell's. I am going to start dismantling it tomorrow and check things out. My question is this a good donor motor for the bronco,also it dosen't hurt that it was free ;D

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the same motor I used for my stroker, when you run the number it comes up 79 galaxie or LTD, one or the other. I think the only parts used were the block and rods if I remember correctly. Used ARP bolts on the rods.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Should be a decent foundation. You will know more once you get it apart and see what the innards look like after almost 30 years