• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w motor

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cool::cool::cool: After you change cam,intake and add headers your flywheel not going to be a deal. Get a core motor and build it wour way and have a good running W motor good luck with your choice.:eek::eek::eek: Bill :D:p:cool:

70_Steve

Old Guy
Frankly you could build a VERY nice Windsor for $2600!
Somewhere around that price, anyway.

Things to consider:
  • No warranty
  • Advertised specs are wrong. Not an EFI motor. Look at the intake

I would look into it some. Find out the history. How long has it been sitting? Where did the specs on the motor come from, or what is the Ford part number for the crate motor?

Might be able to get it a bit cheaper than the advertised price.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I can't believe your bullshit detector didn't go off with the copy and paste specs that are not even correct.

Seriously - this is a recipe for cheap success

Junkyard shortblock - ~150
Junkyard GT40 heads - ~75

Cylinder head seals, lapped valves and seats - ~ 200
351W Re-ring kit - ~ 150

--------------
Shortblock machining and assembly costed me around $350 - I got the engine and placed the cylinder heads and intakes on it and fired it up.

Either find exactly what you need without having to tear the motor apart or start collecting parts and search for a machinist. They are easy to find - get on your local Ford based racing/mudding boards and see who is having who build engines. Usually there are a few go-to guys in the area who build great motors. Call em up and let them know what you want - that way you get exactly what you want.

... or you can just cut a check <flipoff>

OP
OP
C

Cgn036

Thanks for the comments. This item has been on eBay and craigslist for a while. The price has been dropping....

OP
OP
C

Cgn036

I can't believe your bullshit detector didn't go off with the copy and paste specs that are not even correct.

Seriously - this is a recipe for cheap success

Junkyard shortblock - ~150
Junkyard GT40 heads - ~75

Cylinder head seals, lapped valves and seats - ~ 200
351W Re-ring kit - ~ 150

--------------
Shortblock machining and assembly costed me around $350 - I got the engine and placed the cylinder heads and intakes on it and fired it up.

Either find exactly what you need without having to tear the motor apart or start collecting parts and search for a machinist. They are easy to find - get on your local Ford based racing/mudding boards and see who is having who build engines. Usually there are a few go-to guys in the area who build great motors. Call em up and let them know what you want - that way you get exactly what you want.

... or you can just cut a check <flipoff>

Thanks KyleQ. I knew the intake was for carb but didn't know what else may be suspect.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Another option is Promar. $1800 for a 351W roller (96 van replacment) with a very nice warranty. Free shipping but do have a core charge.

Tim