• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w oil dipstick tube broke... can't figure out replacement..

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
Went to check the oil and the tube slid right out of the pan. I looked closer and there is a bolt with a hole in it that holds the flared edge of the tube into the pan. It broke at that point. I was able to get the broke piece out. I'm just haven't a problem finding the right replacement tube... any ideas? The block is from a 69 ford fairlane, but I'd imagine the pan is different.

OP
OP
G

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
This one was too short. I ordered one from summit and it was short also. My dipstick is over 23” long..

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I used F5UZ-6754-B tube and a F2UZ-6750-B stick....they fit 351 van. slides in to the pan....leaves it up and high, easy to get to

OP
OP
G

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
Then buy the corresponding dip stick to work with the tube from WH.

Most of the one's I'm finding for 351w are timing cover entry. I'm trying to find a direct replacement... and while I'm sure it's out there.. it's taking more digging than you would think. It actually looks just like the one in the WH 351w pan kit, but I can't find it separately anywhere.

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Most of the one's I'm finding for 351w are timing cover entry. I'm trying to find a direct replacement... and while I'm sure it's out there.. it's taking more digging than you would think. It actually looks just like the one in the WH 351w pan kit, but I can't find it separately anywhere.

The WH pan is the same as the Fox Mustang 351W conversion oil pan which is the same as the Crown Vic 351W cop car oil pan.

OP
OP
G

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
Thanks for the info. So far, from reading various forums, it appears the tube out of those kits is extremely difficult to find by itself. The search continues...