• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ 351W with Lightning GT40 EFI - Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
A

AZ69EB

Steve,

It can only be a 351W GT40 lower. Plus, it looks like it is aluminum. There is no other 351W lower that would bolt up to a GT40 upper intake. It also has a 1” phenolic spacer.

The only other 351W lower intake that would bolt up to a GT40 is a marine cast iron intake. Which is the basically the same, just a different material.

I have seen the 351W Lightning GT40 lowers sale for $650 up to $1000 on different websites lately. The tubular uppers go for $350 and up. The lightning intake cover are going for $250 and up. Basically, the complete intake is going for north of $1000 these days. The first generation of lightning’s are becoming popular and people are restoring them. So, these intakes are becoming harder to find. A few years ago, I had three sitting on my shelf. I dold them all for a lot less than they are going for today. Also, the sum of the parts Is what I was looking at.

I think it could be a decent deal if you can talk the guy down a little bit due to it being an used motor with an unknown history. Again, I have no skin in the game, Just wanted to share.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Ok. I was thinking if the explorer upper bolts to the lightning lower they would be able to mix and match with other 351 lower intakes. Didnt want to see anybody get burned buying this just for the lower intake. I already have the aluminum lower for if I want to go efi on the next one.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks like a fair to good deal on a 351W with Lightning GT40 intake. Again, not mine. I just want to pass this along.

always got to share these types of things, help someone out possibly right

Status
Not open for further replies.