• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3g

oldfordcoupe

any one have trouble with there 3g alt. ?? mine shows 14 v when running then with a load like lights it drops to 13.7 then with a bigger load it drops to 13. then with the air on it drops to around 12.2 i think this is too much change with a load on it any help????

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Where is the yellow wire run to and what's the voltage on it with and without a load?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And do you have the output wired directly to the battery or starter relay? Or are you still running the original charge wire?

Paul

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
it's normal for the volts to drop as you put more load on it. as it charges more amps, the voltage goes down. but as stated make sure you have a heavy gauge charge wire going directly to the battery. mine is actually going to my starter solenoid and is doing fine.

OP
OP
O

oldfordcoupe

i'll have to ck it tomorrow am cause its already 98 at the house right now + i just started the smoker with some meat on it

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What!!!!???!!! You'd rather go outdoors into the fresh (if a bit warm) air, instead of cooping yourself up into a stuffy garage and work on a Bronco? Any Bronco? Sheesh.
Sounds like you're not really and truly hooked yet. Guess we're just gonna have to work on that!

Have a great Q and weekend! And a happy Fourth.

Paul