• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3spd column shift rods (between column and trans) - where to find??

maup

I broke one of the shift linkage rods attempting to adjust it, it twisted off between the end of the threads and the rod...

I've looked all over and can't seem to find one of the bronco vendors that sells them. Am I missing something? All I see are the column rebuild kits.

Thanks

rhino2104

If Tom's doesn't have them check with LMC. I would also try calling Tom's though. Sometimes they have used parts not listed on their site.

AZ73

Bronco Guru
PM me. I have them left-over from my conversion. You can have it for shipping cost if you want. Or since you're in Virginia (?), you might want to reach out to Nick over at Nick's Trix in NC. He restores Broncos for customers and many of them swap out the trans too. He might have some extras.

BR549

Loc.
huntsville
Or find the correct size bolt and threads and cut to length and weld on to your rods. When I broke my shift linkage the biggest problem was getting the broken rods out of the shift levers on the transmission.

Firedog67

I repaired mine by getting the same thread bolt, cut head off, then weld to rod linkage. Use anti-seize when you reinstall

OP
OP
maup

maup

Anti-seize is a good idea. It didn't look like they had been adjusted in about 20 years but I did clean them up pretty good before I tried to twist the block.

If I can get a good used rod I'd rather not have to fix one as I don't need another variable causing those things to bind up.