• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA 3spd Shift Rods Stock length

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncoP

Contributor
Original 3spd column shift rods
$40

Attachments

• 20171205_110618.jpg
    20171205_110618.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 105

McLeod

There is a part number difference for the V-8 -vs- 6 cyl rods.
There is part number difference in certain years according to Ford parts books.

According to part number research I have had done a 73/74 6cyl uses a specific set of shift rods and the V-8 73/77 uses a different set.

I won't pollute this thread with the specifics, but if someone wants the part or engineering ID numbers info that I have, send me a pm

Last edited:

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I need them for a 72 V8...any differences in the P/N’s for pre-73? or are those just the years you researched thanks

McLeod

I only identifed the ones I have. I do not have the pre 1973 p/n.
I think they were changed due to the j shifter transfer case.

If the O/P can look at his shift rods and take note of the engineering number and share that, I will compare to the ones I have.

On second thought, looking at the picture he posted, it looks like a t shift transfer case (<73) so if it is a V-8 set up you might be good there.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Every time I visit the OP's page I can see that he/she has logged in that day, so I have come to the conclusion that I am not worthy of a response. Therefore I say to the OP: you can go jump in the lake, and take your shift rods with you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoP

broncoP

Contributor
Every time I visit the OP's page I can see that he/she has logged in that day, so I have come to the conclusion that I am not worthy of a response. Therefore I say to the OP: you can go to Hell, and take your shift rods with you.

And Merry Christmas to you.... Yes I've been on the site here and there. For some reason I'm not notified of pm's or when someone posts on my thread. I used to be. I just saw there were posts on this thread a few days ago but got sidetracked with Christmas, imagine that.
Whatever dude, have a hissyfit. Didn't think there were many dicks on this forum.
Can someone else tell me how to get notified on Pam's and when someone responds on one of my posts. Doesn't do itanymore

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Can someone else tell me how to get notified on Pam's and when someone responds on one of my posts. Doesn't do itanymore

You can subscribe to your thread(upper right corner under "thread tools") and the popup will give you the option to receive notifications in a drop down box labeled notification type.

McLeod

If you go to your:
User Control Panel >>Edit Options >>Default Thread Subscription Mode *should* make it an automatic process, but may over run your email box.....

and a little lower on that page you can elect to have Email Notification of New PM's

McLeod

BroncoP,
Just for the record are these 6 or 8 cyl shift rods?

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Phil is one of the nicest dudes you will meet. He and I have traded and bought parts going back for quite a few years. He also has a pretty impressive skill set for restoring Broncos. Hope to see you at Puyallup in March Phil. Bring those shift rods and I'll have my boy sell them in the booth.

OP
OP
broncoP

broncoP

Contributor
Phil is one of the nicest dudes you will meet. He and I have traded and bought parts going back for quite a few years. He also has a pretty impressive skill set for restoring Broncos. Hope to see you at Puyallup in March Phil. Bring those shift rods and I'll have my boy sell them in the booth.

Thanks Kyle, maybe we can meet my friend 1strodeo there and I 'll personally give them to him.....
McLeod, I'm in Mexico till thursday, I'll check when I'm back but almost positive V8

McLeod

Enjoy Mexico while you are there.

The weather back home is wet and soggy with the typical dreary gray hat:(

Status
Not open for further replies.