• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 to 1 removalble electrical connector for gauges

hauland

What is the best way to wire the lights on 4 guages to my unused Centech dash light wire which is hot with headlights on?

Is there such a thing as a 4 to 1 connector that will allow me to remove the guages individually if needed in the future?

Thanks
P.J.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Never seen a small 4-1 distribution block. They have larger ones for stereo applications but that's probably overkill for gauge lights. As long as the total amperage of the lights isn't more than that circuit can take, which they probably aren't, you can just splice them all together with a larger butt connector and heat shrink, or go two to one, two to one to step them down with butt connectors or some good ol' solder... I like to use the uncovered butt connectors to crimp and hold everything in place, solder it together then heat shrink

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Just saw that you wanted to be able to remove for future use. Get a trailer wire plug and wire one side to each of your 4 gauges and take the other side and butt splice and solder the 4 wires to the harness light wire and heat shrink. They make single and double plug in connectors too, but as far as I know I think you'll have to be combining wires.

Thomas H.

Loc.
San Diego (N.County)
I have used a insulated lug that has a cover to combine many terminals to one lug.

it is a screw down post with a cover to protect it from all sides.

I do not know where to find it, I found it at a resotoration shop scrap bin.

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Try a trailer parts dealer. I know they have small boxes to use on trailers that have distribution lugs inside. They maight have a plug and play box as well

OP
OP
H

hauland

I found this....
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/10521/10002/-1?parentProductId=758462

It might fit on the inner lip/edge of the bottom inside of the dash but I am still looking for something smaller

The 4way trailer plug is a good idea. I actually used one for wiring my Tach on the steering column so it is removable. I drilled a hole in the column cover and put the connector behind the dash. But that would require 4 splices off the supply wire......not the end of the word but just looking for something with a little more finesse.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru