• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70w fit, no body lift

jcb9089

Currently don't have a body lift and running a c4. Don't want to install body lift due to body lines being perfect right now.

Anyone been able to fit a 4r70w without running body lift or modifying tub underside?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Yes you can! I have a stock body lift 68 and it fits. I'm running EDIS so I do not have a distributor but I could see the top of the distributor getting close to the hood at the angle mine is installed. I could have stuffed it up even higher in the tunnel but I wanted some room for a shifter for the NP205.

After disc brakes, hydroboost and EFI this is my favorite mod.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Yes, it can be done. A bit tight at the transfer case to floor, just get it close as you dare and build the crossmember there. If you want to raise the transfer case a bit more you will need to clearance the floor brace.